East End Beaches Snorkelling- St. Croix

TweetTweet

How is the snorkelling at Isaac's Bay or other East End beaches? We would like to snorkel right off the beach. Is the water calm or rough? How far out do you have to go to see things? Much to see? Is it better than Buck Island? We have been many places snorkelling...Red Sea, Great Barrier Reef, Hawaii, Gulf of Oman and Caribbean (several islands). It looks like the East End beaches are very secluded...are they safe? What is the best access? Is the hike in to the beach difficult? How far of a drive is it from Frederiksted? Taxi rate to get there? Thanks for your help with all my questions!

I'll help as best as I can!

Jacks and Isaacs do have nice snorkelling, right off the beach. However, they are pretty much directly opposite the pier, about an hour's taxi ride from F'sted, plus a decent hike to get to them. I haven't been there for years, sorry and can't tell you about how much you'll see, how far you have to go, etc. Honestly, it's not a good use of your time if you are here on a port day; these two beaches are really remote and a lot of "work" for you to enjoy on a limited schedule.

Tamarind Reef hotel is an east beach with good snorkelling, as is Shoy's. Chenay Bay might have some good snorkelling, too.

Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived