snorkeling, somewhat, question

Shocker4

I'll start here then I can go to the port boards once I know where to locate it. I'm looking for some terms that deal with a type of snorkeling?? I guess?? It's where you lay on top of a boogie board that has a cut out and a mask pushed through the hole. This allows the person to lay on the board and look thru the mask in the water but because they are not under water there is no breathing tube (so therefore not really snorkeling). Does anyone know what this is called? I saw it on an episode of Jon and Kate plus 8 but don't know what tropical location they were in or what company was offering it.

Not an actual boogie board, but can "snorkel." :) In fact, might be better since you can deflate to pack.

http://www.isnorkel.com/product-exec/category_id/55/product_id/4035/nm/Sea-Window-Explorer-snorkeling-raft

Besides packing my own inflation motor how else would I inflate it once we arrive and I don't want to have to inflate potentially hours before we want to use it and lug around a raft because I wouldn't know where to rely on electricity at the beach. I would rather find a company that offers what I saw that company on TV offer, but don't know what to call it (there's just too many hits for snorkel stuff and I need to be real specific).

I guess I could blow it up the old fashioned way (after all these years of camping with air mattresses I kind of forgot about the old fashioned way, haha).

Anyone use it and know how long to get it blown up?

I'll start here then I can go to the port boards once I know where to locate it. I'm looking for some terms that deal with a type of snorkeling?? I guess?? It's where you lay on top of a boogie board that has a cut out and a mask pushed through the hole. This allows the person to lay on the board and look thru the mask in the water but because they are not under water there is no breathing tube (so therefore not really snorkeling). Does anyone know what this is called? I saw it on an episode of Jon and Kate plus 8 but don't know what tropical location they were in or what company was offering it.

Maybe this? http://snorkelbob.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/lookieboard.htm?L+scstore+kbyv8252ffea8eea+1265557505

• 1 month later...
Besides packing my own inflation motor how else would I inflate it once we arrive and I don't want to have to inflate potentially hours before we want to use it and lug around a raft because I wouldn't know where to rely on electricity at the beach. I would rather find a company that offers what I saw that company on TV offer, but don't know what to call it (there's just too many hits for snorkel stuff and I need to be real specific).

I guess I could blow it up the old fashioned way (after all these years of camping with air mattresses I kind of forgot about the old fashioned way, haha).

Anyone use it and know how long to get it blown up?

Hello, We actually have this raft. We bought it 2 years ago when my youngest was afraid to snorkel with her mask set. It was a pain because we had to inflate it with a pump before getting off ship and then lug it around with us all week. The kicker is she didn't like it. It now sits in my basement because last year we finally convinced her to use her mask and she loves to snorkel now.

I found a product called "Aqua Eyes" that alot of hotels and watersport places use. It looks like a typical foam boogie board with a huge viewing window. The problem is I don't see anyone selling it . Maybe if you email someone they could tell you where they got it. I saw a Scott's Boat repair that sells these type of things on web but you have to email them. They are based in CA. I'm looking because a friend has a little one and is looking too for something other than the inflatable raft.

Archived