Lot's of questions Carnival Valor

tootuff4u2

I am sailing on Carnival Valor January 9th 2011. I have a lot of lead time but a lot of questions. Potential excursions are:Snorkeling and Sting Ray City in Grand Caymen--who should I go with. Victor Bodden in Roatan, the zip line-monkeys and then to the beach maybe Mayan Princess not sure. In Belize cave tubing not sure with what outfit also not sure about cave tubing, but a lot of posts rave about it. In Cozumel probably Nochi Cocum, but still would like more info between Mr. Sanchez and Nachi. What do you do with your wallet/purse while doing these excursions, will probably have a lot of cash on me. Any ideas on alternate things to do in these ports if it

rains or is cold or both. I've read a little about care packages for school/orphanage in Roatan or Belize any thoughts on this--what to bring, where to take it etc. About us: Me 53, wife 54, 2 boys 25 and 24. We like to drink, I'm torn on packing drinks in bag or paying and getting a bottle thru Bon Voyage--please convince me either way. I have a lot of time until my cruise but thinking about it during the cold midwest winter helps until Spring. Any info would be most appreciated.

Mike

Hey Mike,

My wife & I sailed on the Valor in Aug '09 the same itinerary as you and we did an excursion at every port:

Grand Cayman - 4X4 Jeep Adventure

Roatan - Catamaran & Snorkeling

Belize - Airboat Adventure & Belize City Tour

Cozumel - ATV & Beach Adventure

While we went on our excursions, we left pretty much all of our valuables on the ship in our cabin safe. We left our wedding rings, passports, wallets, purses, cell phones, etc back there. The only things with took with us off the ship were our drivers licenses, one credit card, our sign/sail cards (to get back on the ship), our camera and a little cash (for tips and knick-knacks).

In terms of the weather, you should be too worried about it being cold. I think the lowest temp we saw at a port was the mid-80s (granted we went in August). And it only rained one while we were there. In fact, we got rained on during an excursion. The tour guides just passed out rain ponchos and we stayed on the excursion. The rain was gone within 5 minutes.

Hope y'all have a great time!

I sailed on the Carnival Valor in '07 (Great ship) but did the Eastern Caribbean. However, last march '09 I sailed the Carnival Legend and did the same itinerary as you and it was AMAZING!!

Grand Cayman: Turtle Farm, hell and Sting Ray excursion. Went through Carnival. The turtle farm is really cool and the water in Grand Caymen is beautiful

Cozumel: The cozumel race (just like the amazing race). It was a lot of fun if you are into the show.

Belize: Zipling and Cave Tubing. We used Eli & Vidal with Island Concierge to set up our trip for us. We wore swim suits for the cave tubing you definetly will get wet. We went Zipling first so we had tank tops and shorts over our swimsuits. We really enjoyed doing both, but the Ziplining was probablly our favorite between the two.

Roatan Island: Tabyana Beach. This place was awesome and beautiful. They had volleyball, music, lounge chairs, & yummy cocktails. It was a nice end to our excursions. We did book through the cruise for conveince but you can take a taxi there to save money.

Have a great trip!!

Hi, we just got off the Valor on Jan. 24 and did the same itenerary as you. I am posting a long review on here so check it out! It is called "Just back from the Valor on Jan. 24" There is also another review on her that is very good. My review gives lots of detail and photos, so bear with me.

We did: Cozumel: All inclusive at Mr. Sanchos

Belize: Captain Your Own River Boat

Roatan: Island Tour, Zip-line, Monkeys, Lunch on beach, etc. with Victor Bodden

Grand Cayman: Tour to Stingray City and Starfish.

Booked all our own tours privately and they were great. Let me know if you need more info.

Archived