Able Body Booking HC Cabins

xxoocruiser

Pfisted~~

Thank you for posting the above "Shame on Me" poem. Is this something that you personally wrote? Or do you know the author? I would like to print it out.

As someone who lives with "invisible" disabilities, so many of the lines ring true for me......

Hey, maybe I could tape it to my back on my next cruise....;).LOL.:)

Craving a Cruise,

I wrote "Shame on Me" this afternoon after reading this post actually. Most affected by the comments by someone about seeing a lady get up from her scooter and walk (my God, it's a miracle) down the aisle. Thank you for your compliment of wanting to print my poem. You may print it out by all means, but it is copyrighted so give the author - me - due credit :) no royalties though unless you plan to sell it LOL. Perhaps I should market it as a handicapable aid, but then of course, some people would insist that in order to purchase one, medical documentation should be provided.

Deb Callahan

Live - Learn - Buy a Tee-shirt - Get over it!

Craving a Cruise,

I wrote "Shame on Me" this afternoon after reading this post actually. Most affected by the comments by someone about seeing a lady get up from her scooter and walk (my God, it's a miracle) down the aisle. Thank you for your compliment of wanting to print my poem. You may print it out by all means, but it is copyrighted so give the author - me - due credit :) no royalties though unless you plan to sell it LOL. Perhaps I should market it as a handicapable aid, but then of course, some people would insist that in order to purchase one, medical documentation should be provided.

Deb Callahan

Live - Learn - Buy a Tee-shirt - Get over it!

LOL

Thank you Deb! Just wanted to share it with some relatives and give credit where credit is due..:)

Karen

No, you didn't say it and (as Etoile pointed out) I was responding to Umberger as well as you. I'm sorry if I made it confusing for everyone. I don't want to go into battle with anyone.

I do understand how wearying it gets, trying to fight "the great fight". I've fought many times for my son's rights and I have seen how downright nasty people can be when they think he is not entitled to something like a HC parking space.

He's toughened up and is very independent now, but 10 years ago, when he had just lost his leg, it was hard for him to deal with. Nowadays, he pulls up his trouser leg to show his prosthesis and says something like,"You want my parking space? Would you like my tin leg, too?"

I've done something similar. I've raised up my shorts on both sides and showed off my scars. I told them I would gladly give up those scars and park in a regular spot.

Archived