"Other" Liquids

falfal2k2

After reading about other's experience beginning 1/30 (especially at the port of Miami) I'm concerned about some things I was planning on bringing with me onboard. Namely, a bottle of tonic water (for the gin we ordered from the bon voyage department, like good little soldiers) and some of those fantastic five hour energy shots - which are non-alcoholic (thought i'd get that issue out of the way early), which I would be very surprised to see sold onboard or really, any place except maybe Cozumel.

We're sailing 3/14 on the Valor, and I'm sure they'll be overzealous in trying to "catch" smugglers over spring break. I'm worried they're just going to throw out whatever comes in a bottle :confused:

Thoughts? They're both small items so I could take them in my carry on or checked luggage. I'm not sure what would be best...

I just ordered a bottle of Tequila from the Bon Voyage dept and I asked them how I could get the marg mix since they don't carry that. They told me to just carry it in my bags. I will have the tequila receipt with me just in case they question me about it.

Have a great cruise.

Put it in your carryon luggage and you should be fine. CCl's policy change may also be because of heightened anti terror security that has occured since the plane bombing attempt near Detroit a few months ago. We cruise this spring and we'll order a bottle of gin for the room and carry on tonic. You can buy tonic in 12 ounce cans too and bring 6-12 cans.

Lock your checked luggage so they can't open it until you get called to the room if they pull your luggage aside. That way, they won't throw it out "accidentally" (thinking it was booze so throwing it out when it isn't booze). That's what I'll be doing with my bottles of liquid (one per day) I need for my disabilities (they're non-alcoholic, of course, LOL; they're on the level of medication for me) - they're sealed, but somebody said their sealed bottle of water was thrown out from their carry-on, so you never know! Of course, I'd be locking my suitcase regardless. ;)

Lock your checked luggage so they can't open it until you get called to the room if they pull your luggage aside. That way, they won't throw it out "accidentally" (thinking it was booze so throwing it out when it isn't booze). That's what I'll be doing with my bottles of liquid (one per day) I need for my disabilities (they're non-alcoholic, of course, LOL; they're on the level of medication for me) - they're sealed, but somebody said their sealed bottle of water was thrown out from their carry-on, so you never know! Of course, I'd be locking my suitcase regardless. ;)

You cant lock your luggage- new policy states ALL luggage must be unlocked. Sorry.

You cant lock your luggage- new policy states ALL luggage must be unlocked. Sorry.

You CAN lock your luggage. Wording in the new policy has been changed in the last few days. It now says Carnival "recommends" you don't lock your luggage. If it's locked and they suspect you have a prohibited item, they will notify you to meet with security to unlock and inspect your luggage for prohibited items.

I just ordered a bottle of Tequila from the Bon Voyage dept and I asked them how I could get the marg mix since they don't carry that. They told me to just carry it in my bags. I will have the tequila receipt with me just in case they question me about it.

Have a great cruise.

What was the cost of the tequila and what size?

Archived