Braemar- 17 February 2011- Caribbean Cocktail

flea b

• 6 months later...

Hi Thanks Dartmoordan! Love the friendliness of Freddies ships, especially the crew, not been on Braemar yet but am very much looking forward to it. You must be sailing from Montego Bay when we disembark! Have a great time xx

another seven months on so trying to see if more have booked! Fi & Andy xx

Hi Fi and Andy, we have just booked onto this one, we were going to do a different one over Christmas, but a change of job meant we could not go away over Christmas. We are looking forward to it a lot, making visits to places we have not been before, especially Havana

Steve & Jan

Hi Thanks Dartmoordan! Love the friendliness of Freddies ships, especially the crew, not been on Braemar yet but am very much looking forward to it. You must be sailing from Montego Bay when we disembark! Have a great time xx

we are going on 17th March from Barbados ending in Montego bay, it's getting a little closer now. Have a fabulous cruise:)

Hi Steve & Jan

Great to find you! We are getting excited too. We have been on a couple of Caribbean Christmas & New Year Cruises and love it but sadly I now work in retail so it's not allowed!! February should be good though, the thought of it will help me through the chaos of Christmas!!

We are flying from Manchester. What about you? We live in Derby, the Midlands and originally booked Birmingham but they cancelled all of those flights.

Soon it will be time to check out the excursions, we usually look for independant ones on here, not sure about Havana, definately want to see all the 1950's cars!! If you have any ideas let us know! We have used Phil Lafayette in Jamaica before and can reccommend his tours (very safe!). Fun too! I am thinking a catamaran in Barbados would be a nice start to the cruise, haha!! Whatever, I am sure it will be great, I love Fred Olsen and trust they will do their best for us.

Speak later no doubt, off to work I go, Christmas stock is already arriving ho ho ho!!!

Love Fi & Andy xx

Dartmoordian ... You too have a fabulous cruise on Braemar, Happy Sailing!!:):)

Hi Steve & Jan

Great to find you! We are getting excited too. We have been on a couple of Caribbean Christmas & New Year Cruises and love it but sadly I now work in retail so it's not allowed!! February should be good though, the thought of it will help me through the chaos of Christmas!!

We are flying from Manchester. What about you? We live in Derby, the Midlands and originally booked Birmingham but they cancelled all of those flights.

Soon it will be time to check out the excursions, we usually look for independant ones on here, not sure about Havana, definately want to see all the 1950's cars!! If you have any ideas let us know! We have used Phil Lafayette in Jamaica before and can reccommend his tours (very safe!). Fun too! I am thinking a catamaran in Barbados would be a nice start to the cruise, haha!! Whatever, I am sure it will be great, I love Fred Olsen and trust they will do their best for us.

Speak later no doubt, off to work I go, Christmas stock is already arriving ho ho ho!!!

Love Fi & Andy xx

Dartmoordian ... You too have a fabulous cruise on Braemar, Happy Sailing!!:):)

Hi Fi and Andy, good to meet you as well

We have been on a couple of Caribbean cruises before, but mainly had our Christmas ones to the Canaries. Like you a change of job, directly into retail, means we can not go on a Christmas one again

We are flying from Gatwick, as we live in Sussex, it is quite handy for that, so we made sure there were spaces available

We chose this one particularly because of Havana as we had not been there before, but read a bit about it. Yes the old cars and the night club tour that could be offered sound good. We tend to do our own thing a lot on cruises, but be interesting to hear a bit more about the independent trips, in due course.

We have a few ideas about one or two trips we want to do, so looking forward to seeing what is on offer when the tickets come through

We do most of our cruises on Fred Olsen and been on this one a couple of times, but not since its extension!

Yes I know what you mean about the Christmas stock comes, for retail Christmas seems to start in September

Cheers for now

Steve & Jan

Steve & Jan

Good Morning! Yes I see from your past cruises you like Fred Olsen! We are getting very excited.

We will probably use taxi's in most ports, not sure what to do in Jamaica as we did Dunns River Falls & River Tubing last time. I do fancy the Mystic Mountain with the toboggan but Andy is a bit of a scardy cat and I don't want to do it on my own!!

We also booked this cruise because it's going to Havana, quite special really as most ships don't go there, so we also will check out all the excursions on offer and try to see as much as possible.

By the way... our Christmas stock started arriving in August!! ggrrrrr!! They are buying it too!!

Bye for now, Fi & Andy x:D

Hello Fi & Andy

Good afternoon to you both

We are really looking forward to this cruise as well, as there are to be some different places to visit

I think we may do one or two trips with FO, but look to do some taxi rides in other stop overs, or just have a walk around the local town and take it as it comes.

Not sure about the toboggan run, I think we would be ones waiting with Andy at the bottom, making sure he is OK - and of course someone would have to hold the video camera :)

yes Havana was one of our reasons, good to be there for two days. We have an idea on a day time tour, and the evening one to the night club looks one not to miss - then take the following day to have a wander about!

Have to try and swap emails some how if you fancy that, once you have worked out what you want to do, to see if there is anything we can share a taxi on - and also how to arrange a meet up on board!

Cheers for now

Steve & Jan

Hi Steve & Jan

I have been trying to private message you my e mail address but can't remember how to do it on here, Daughter will help later!!

Fi & Andy xx

Hi Fi & Andy

I am not sure how to let you have mine either. I have added you as a 'friend' contact, I think - so not sure if we can do it through there

We can obviously wait until your daughter is able to sort it out

Cheers

Steve & Jan xx

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Steve & Jan

Been busy working! Still not sure about how to PM on here so here's Andy's email, andy.bould@live.co.uk it's fine to send us messages, look forward to hearing from you :)

Fiona & Andy xx

Hi Fiona and Andy

I have got your email address now, so you may want to delete your message

Steve & Jan xx

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
See you in the bar!! I especially need a holiday now the SALE is on. GGRRrrr those crazy bargain hunters are driving me mad :(

Oh well... not long to wait now.

Happy New Year and Happy Sailing :) xx

7 weeks tomorrow.

Not sure if I have given you our Cabin number, I will email it to you when i find the paperwork, so we can ensure we meet up for that drink in the same bar!

Thanks Steve & Gill I will email you our cabin number, we are still lido deck as the upgrade fairy has not been! :)

:) Do you now something I don't :) We are still on the Lido deck, as well, again waiting for the upgrade fairy - let me know if she arrives, then we can hold her to ransom

Steve x

Archived