New to HAL/Zuiderdam 5/21/05 - some questions

VaCruzers

Hi HAL Board Members!

Although we are new to HAL, we are not entirely new to cruising, but still have some questions regarding the line/ship we plan to sail in May. Any assistance with information will be greatly appreciated...

1. Considering upgrade from Category G - are there any verandah levels or cabins that would be undesireable? Can verandahs on successively lower decks be viewed from above - side cabins or aft?

2. I know this one will seem like I am quite the ignorant one, but, on the deck plans in the brochure, it looks like the deck forward & aft does not have dividers between cabins? Could someone please verify what this is really like on the Veranda, Upper Verandah, Upper Promenade, & Rotterdam Decks?

3. Is there a "promenade"-type deck that really does allow one to walk completely around the ship? Looks the the Promenade deck would allow this. Can one get forward to the bow of the ship?

4. Are verandahs adjacent to the outside elevators visible to passengers in the elevators?

I'll probably think of more questions as time passes, but it would be great to get some of these answered in the meantime. Thanks to everyone who responds!! Oh, is anyone going to be on this sailing?

Hi HAL Board Members!

Although we are new to HAL, we are not entirely new to cruising, but still have some questions regarding the line/ship we plan to sail in May. Any assistance with information will be greatly appreciated...

1. Considering upgrade from Category G - are there any verandah levels or cabins that would be undesireable? Can verandahs on successively lower decks be viewed from above - side cabins or aft?

2. I know this one will seem like I am quite the ignorant one, but, on the deck plans in the brochure, it looks like the deck forward & aft does not have dividers between cabins? Could someone please verify what this is really like on the Veranda, Upper Verandah, Upper Promenade, & Rotterdam Decks?

3. Is there a "promenade"-type deck that really does allow one to walk completely around the ship? Looks the the Promenade deck would allow this. Can one get forward to the bow of the ship?

4. Are verandahs adjacent to the outside elevators visible to passengers in the elevators?

1) Any verandah is desirable. Aft cabin verandahs on Vista-class ships can be viewed from above.

2) There are dividers

3) Yes, the promenade deck goes all the way around. Yes, you can get to the bow.

4) Yes, but you have to look very closely - and very quickly!

Wow! Thanks for the speedy replies. We're redeeming an award certificate & now that I've read it more closely, it seems that we will be able to select the category to which we can upgrade, but HAL will make the cabin assignment 30 days prior to sailing. Your information is still helpful, but I guess I don't need to dwell on specific cabins. Thanks again!

Thanks again for the previous info. We have now made the reservation & were able to select our cabin. We chose to upgrade to VE & chose cabin 5063 from those offered. Anyone have any experience with this cabin? Is there any chance there could be a lounge chair on this verandah? Thanks!

Archived