shark ray alley, san pedro, how long on island?

l0ts0fsn0w

we are on the ncl cruise next week, with a stop in Belize and we want to do a shore excursion with ncl. we like either the beach break, i think it's at bannister island or the shark ray alley and shopping, or the catamaran. have you done any of these? if you did the shark ray alley, i'm really looking forward to seeing san pedro, so how much time do you have on the island? do you have to go to the restaurant or could you stay on the beach? if i didn't feel like snorkeling while in shark ray alley, would it be relaxing staying on the speed boat, while some of my group snorkeled?

thanks in advance...looking forward to my 1st cruise!

• 3 weeks later...
we are on the ncl cruise next week, with a stop in Belize and we want to do a shore excursion with ncl. we like either the beach break, i think it's at bannister island or the shark ray alley and shopping, or the catamaran. have you done any of these? if you did the shark ray alley, i'm really looking forward to seeing san pedro, so how much time do you have on the island? do you have to go to the restaurant or could you stay on the beach? if i didn't feel like snorkeling while in shark ray alley, would it be relaxing staying on the speed boat, while some of my group snorkeled?

thanks in advance...looking forward to my 1st cruise!

I was wondering the same thing.

• 8 months later...

I know that this thread is pretty old, but wondered if anyone had any input. We are considering the Snorkel/San Pedro excursion through NCL, but two of our party of 4 probably wouldn't snorkel. Would they enjoy staying on the boat? We mainly want to get to San Pedro without tendering to Belize City. :)

Since no one has answered I will jump in. I have been to Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley but privately as we stay on San Pedro. In September I took daughter, son-in-law and niece. They went snorkeling while I stayed in boat and floated around in water with 3 and 5 year old grandsons. We (the boys and I) had a great time. The water is so clear that you can see the fish and turtles, as well as sharks and rays from the boat. I took water shoes so that I was not standing on coral while I was in the water with the boys. Shark ray is deeper so you don't need them, but at Hol Chan it is shallow enough that you won't want to stand without them because ocean floor is too rough. Make sure you take plenty of sun screen and hopefully the boat will put up the top so that you get some shade while sitting in the boat. You aren't there that long that some of the party should object. Being ON THE WATER in Belize is so much more desirable than a BEACH BREAK to me that I wouldn't hesitate to do it again and again without my snorkel gear. Have a great time on San Pedro.

Archived