Excusion question - maximum height

Tetti

Perhaps this belongs in Ports of Call but it seemed this will get more exposure and probably applies to multiple locations/cruise lines anyway.

We are booking shore excursions for our 4th cruise with RC in April. One of the ones we selected was this one however we discovered that it has a maximum *height* restriction of 75 inches. This appears to be just a driving tour with some walking/hiking and some swimming at the end, so no obvious reason why the restriction is in place. An email to RCL just gave me a form response of no help.

When trying to book the excusion online, it makes you check that all party members meet the height/weight requirements. Obviously I can lie, and since I'm 76 inches tall I'm just over their limit but I can't imagine it's a big deal anyhow. Just wondering if anyone had any insight on why they have a max height on an excusrion like this (as well as a couple others).

Thanks

The only thing I can think of, having never seen a height maximum on an excursion, is they think the vehicle will be VERY uncomfortable for someone who's 6' 4", and you'll probably be in it for quite a while.

I HAVE read on these boards that if there's a weight maximum and you look like you're around that weight, they'll weigh you, so they certainly could measure you...slump!!! (I don't know how true it is anyway.)

Perhaps this belongs in Ports of Call but it seemed this will get more exposure and probably applies to multiple locations/cruise lines anyway.

We are booking shore excursions for our 4th cruise with RC in April. One of the ones we selected was this one however we discovered that it has a maximum *height* restriction of 75 inches. This appears to be just a driving tour with some walking/hiking and some swimming at the end, so no obvious reason why the restriction is in place. An email to RCL just gave me a form response of no help.

When trying to book the excusion online, it makes you check that all party members meet the height/weight requirements. Obviously I can lie, and since I'm 76 inches tall I'm just over their limit but I can't imagine it's a big deal anyhow. Just wondering if anyone had any insight on why they have a max height on an excusrion like this (as well as a couple others).

Thanks

There are height restrictions for a reason......and, no, they will not let you go if you exceed restrictions.... This is the TOUR OPERATOR not Royal's restriction. More than likely it is due to the size vehicle being used....

Just a quick follow-up.

I wrote RC back asking for clarification to which they responded:

Dear Guest,

Kindly note, the age restriction has been imposed for comfort of seating on the bus , especially in the seats located above the rear wheels.

If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank You and Enjoy Your Cruise,

Obviously they mean height not age. So it was pretty much what we'd suspected.

Just a quick follow-up.

I wrote RC back asking for clarification to which they responded:

Obviously they mean height not age. So it was pretty much what we'd suspected.

Yep! That's what we all figured! Thanks for getting back to us!! :) I WOULD suggest, however, that RCCL states that they strongly suggest you're no more than 74 inches, not that "you can't go" if you're that tall. It's your choice whether or not you want to be a pretzel. Are you gonna do it?

Yep! That's what we all figured! Thanks for getting back to us!! :) I WOULD suggest, however, that RCCL states that they strongly suggest you're no more than 74 inches, not that "you can't go" if you're that tall. It's your choice whether or not you want to be a pretzel. Are you gonna do it?

When reserving the excursion online they have you check off that you meet the weight/height requirements and if say you don't it prevents you from reserving it. But I'm just going to say that I am under 75" and book it anyway. I'll try to avoid a wheel seat if I can and since I'm only about 190lbs I can fold up pretty well if I need to.

Archived