What to do with wedding dress/valuables?

thisisnk23

Hello all! I posted this in another thread, but haven't gotten any responses, so I figured I'd ask you ladies. I'm getting married In May. We are crusing on the Carnival Liberty.. Here's my question to all of you past/future brides.. What have you done or will do with your wedding dress and other jewelry when getting on the ship?

My dress is going to be in a garment bag and I feel really uncomfortable just leaving it with a porter and hoping it gets to my room. Also, the wedding bands and other jewelry I have I'm not sure what to do with. Did you leave your dress and valuables in the hands of someone else or did you carry them around with you on that first day? Thanks a lot!

You are allowed one carry-on when you board the ship, so your jewelry can go in there. They may allow you to carry-on your dress too. Check with the Carnival Wedding Department to see if they will allow that. I am getting married on embarkation day and they are allowing my fiancee and I to take one carry-on bag and one garment bag each (for our wedding attire).

Hello all! I posted this in another thread, but haven't gotten any responses, so I figured I'd ask you ladies. I'm getting married In May. We are crusing on the Carnival Liberty.. Here's my question to all of you past/future brides.. What have you done or will do with your wedding dress and other jewelry when getting on the ship?

My dress is going to be in a garment bag and I feel really uncomfortable just leaving it with a porter and hoping it gets to my room. Also, the wedding bands and other jewelry I have I'm not sure what to do with. Did you leave your dress and valuables in the hands of someone else or did you carry them around with you on that first day? Thanks a lot!

Always, always, always carry on ALL your valuables! As far as your dress, carry that too! You can certainly leave it up to a porter if you choose, but something as important as your wedding dress...it's not worth the chance on something happening to it.

I had my gown in a garment bag which I carried on. My mother had our rings in her carry on, once we got to our cabins they went in the safe and my mom kept my dress hung in her room till our wedding day.

If you have your gown and another carry on, I'm sure they're not going to give you a hard time. No one can upset a bride to be =) I tried to get to my cabin just to hang my gown, the guy said no, as this was happening the cabin supervisor walked by and took us personally to my cabin to hang my dress up so I didn't have to carry it for 3 hours. It was so nice.

I had my gown in a garment bag which I carried on. My mother had our rings in her carry on, once we got to our cabins they went in the safe and my mom kept my dress hung in her room till our wedding day.

If you have your gown and another carry on, I'm sure they're not going to give you a hard time. No one can upset a bride to be =) I tried to get to my cabin just to hang my gown, the guy said no, as this was happening the cabin supervisor walked by and took us personally to my cabin to hang my dress up so I didn't have to carry it for 3 hours. It was so nice.

Wow..this was totally different for us. We were told by our WC & TWE that sailing guest are allowed to bring their bags to their rooms for storing...but just excuse them cause they may not be cleaned & ready. I would think ANY guest on the ship would be able to do this. I've never encountered this problem on any ship I've sailed..however my wedding cruise was the only cruise I had VIP boarding. Destination brides board during general boarding, so there should be no reason the rooms aren't made up yet. That would have sucked for you if you would have had to carry it.

Archived