Sharps Containers?

cajun61

DW and myself are diabetics. 3 years ago Carnival provided sharps containers for disposal of needles. Just trying to figure out if Royal does the same. Thanks for any info on this subject.

2-14-2010 Mariner of the Seas

DW and myself are diabetics. 3 years ago Carnival provided sharps containers for disposal of needles. Just trying to figure out if Royal does the same. Thanks for any info on this subject.

Yes they do. Just ask your cabin attendant for one and S/he´ll get one for you.

Send an email to specialneeds@rccl.com

Give them your sailing date, ship, booking number and cabin number and request that they switch the cooler in your cabin with a medical refrigerator and that you would also like a Sharps Container.

You will receive an automated email as they reply to each email in the order that they are received. Once you receive the acknowledging email, make a copy and bring it with you. Your special request will also be noted on your Confirmation Invoice from RCI.

Send an email to specialneeds@rccl.com

Give them your sailing date, ship, booking number and cabin number and request that they switch the cooler in your cabin with a medical refrigerator and that you would also like a Sharps Container.

You will receive an automated email as they reply to each email in the order that they are received. Once you receive the acknowledging email, make a copy and bring it with you. Your special request will also be noted on your Confirmation Invoice from RCI.

Slight correction to the email Patti: special_needs@rccl.com

If you call RCI they can send you a pdf which you can fax back. I've attached it here. You can print it and fax it in.

My DH is on the insulin pump, but he needs the container for his finger sticks and for disposal of his used insets.

We have not yet been on a ship without a mini fridge. It is cold enough for insulin storage. I put a few juice boxes in ours just in case he has a low, I don't have to first go looking for something.

On the first day we ask the cabin attendant to empty it. We do travel with "blue ice" to keep the insulin cold while we get to the ship if we are flying. I place them in zip lock bags that are labeled with our name and cabin number and ask the attendant to put them in their freezer and return them on the morning of departure. Never had a problem with this.

One thing you might be interested in if you are watching carbs: You can always order extra veggies or salads. They are very accommodating.

There are sugar-free desserts but they rarely carbohydrate-free.:)

If you call RCI they can send you a pdf which you can fax back. I've attached it here. You can print it and fax it in.

My DH is on the insulin pump, but he needs the container for his finger sticks and for disposal of his used insets.

We have not yet been on a ship without a mini fridge. It is cold enough for insulin storage. I put a few juice boxes in ours just in case he has a low, I don't have to first go looking for something.

On the first day we ask the cabin attendant to empty it. We do travel with "blue ice" to keep the insulin cold while we get to the ship if we are flying. I place them in zip lock bags that are labeled with our name and cabin number and ask the attendant to put them in their freezer and return them on the morning of departure. Never had a problem with this.

One thing you might be interested in if you are watching carbs: You can always order extra veggies or salads. They are very accommodating.

There are sugar-free desserts but they rarely carbohydrate-free.:)

And these desserts are usually made with NutraSweet which many people are allergic too.

Archived