OAS fully up to speed?

Craig_K

Okay, so it has now been about two months give or take since she first launched. You think that all of the initial kinks (climate control, crowd management, etc.) have been worked out by now? You think it is now business as usual onboard?

We leave next weekend and I am wondering if there may still be any new ship growing pains to deal with.

Okay, so it has now been about two months give or take since she first launched. You think that all of the initial kinks (climate control, crowd management, etc.) have been worked out by now? You think it is now business as usual onboard?

We leave next weekend and I am wondering if there may still be any new ship growing pains to deal with.

Soot in seems to still be an issue.

Along with the soot problem, the Aqua show still isn't up. They are still doing a shortened version, but was told they went back into rehearsal today and the show is slated to finally be finished by March. Added info, the lead in Come Fly With Me is out for a month with a bad injury. He is also in the Aqua Shows. So I guess the answer would be no, there are till issues to be worked out.

Their are systems not even on the ship yet. The entire phone system has yet to be installed. The current system they are using is a temporary corporate cisco system and everything including each cabin phone will be replaced when the final system is ready. They also do not have the system for displaying ship information on the TVs up and running yet. That system is still in the works and will hopefully be installed soon. Then their are of course the soot problems and I'm sure many other little things that are less noticeable or not mentioned.

Overall I think their are many more things in process than people think. All of the remaining things seem to be extra items such as the more advanced phone system, rather than critical items such as crowd management. I sailed on January 2nd and if Captain Wright and the hotel director hadn't said anything I would think the only issues were the soot and damaged lifeboats (There are plenty of extra lifeboats installed right now but two of the large ones are being replaced with a new design) which never really impacted our trip at all.

In a video I watched Capt Bill said it would probably be about 6 moths before those newly designed lifeboats are installed replacing the 2 damaged ones.....he also said that they would have newly designed ones on Allure of course.....he openly admitted that the ship handled differently in storm conditions than previously thought from the wave tank tests and such.

With the issues still abound on Oasis, I am still shocked they would have moved up the inaugural date on Allure.....you would think that they would of learned their lesson.....again a reason why I wouldn't go on Allure inaugural.

Archived