Pictures?

ashnac

I am trying to decide whether to come here on a cruise. Does anyone have any pictures they would like to share?

Thanks in advance for all the help

Ahhh, ever heard of Google? Plenty of pics there. Or use the search function on this forum.

I've been twice and it is probably my favorite port. I have posted many pics under Victor Bodden reviews.

I have not been to Mahogany Bay yet- but others have posted pictures from there.

Here's a few from our most recent trip.

Arriving at Coxen Hole:

2704960890104390106S500x500Q85.jpg

Interacting with the animals at Victor's home:

2936583830104390106S500x500Q85.jpg

2693979940104390106S500x500Q85.jpg

view of new homes in West bay area- see the yellow submarine?

2211734260104390106S500x500Q85.jpg

snorkelling the Blue Channel:

2328165090104390106S500x500Q85.jpg

Half Moon Bay

2338379320104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

These are just a few- Roatan is a beautiful island. these pics are just the tip of the iceberg

• 3 weeks later...
MDSue, can you tell me a little more about the Blue Channel snorkeling? We are debating doing this or just snorkeling from shore.

We arranged our snorkel trip with our guide [booked thru Victor Bodden]. We initially went over to Half Moon Bay beach which was supposed to have really good snorkelling right off the beach and by the reef. That morning the water was a little rough and cloudy and I was nervous swimming around the reef. Our guide was then able to hook us up with Richard [The Ocean Explorer glass bottom boat] to take us out to the Blue Channel. He picked us up from the pier right next to Half Moon. This worked out nice because we were able to keep our chairs and stuff at the beach under the watchful eye of our guide while Richard took us out to the Channel. It was maybe a mile or so away from Half Moon bay. The snorkelling was great there and I liked it much better than by the beach. Richard was a great guide. We were with a group of mostly Spanish speaking tourist from the mainland of Honduras and Richard took the time to explain everything in English and Spanish. He swam along with our group and pointed out different fish and reefs. After we finished our snorkel trip, we went back to Half Moon Bay and enjoyed their beach and restaurant. By then the water had cleared up and lots of people were snorkelling there and said it was nice too- but I think the Channel is better. I've seen some nice pictures posted from people snorkelling off the beach too though.

I am trying to decide whether to come here on a cruise. Does anyone have any pictures they would like to share?

Thanks in advance for all the help

DW and I were on the Legend in December and had a great day in Roatan.

Here are some pics. First is the Monkey's at Victor's House. The other two are from Half Moon Bay, where we went snorkeling. We had a great time.

244.jpg.6b9d9a7a00901233bfb07ec814768f1a.jpg

266.jpg.12a16e0bcc5c42a43e334338606dc4c6.jpg

257.jpg.56b226363f3cd0522fcfcab263e851cd.jpg

We arranged our snorkel trip with our guide [booked thru Victor Bodden]. We initially went over to Half Moon Bay beach which was supposed to have really good snorkelling right off the beach and by the reef. That morning the water was a little rough and cloudy and I was nervous swimming around the reef. Our guide was then able to hook us up with Richard [The Ocean Explorer glass bottom boat] to take us out to the Blue Channel. He picked us up from the pier right next to Half Moon. This worked out nice because we were able to keep our chairs and stuff at the beach under the watchful eye of our guide while Richard took us out to the Channel. It was maybe a mile or so away from Half Moon bay. The snorkelling was great there and I liked it much better than by the beach. Richard was a great guide. We were with a group of mostly Spanish speaking tourist from the mainland of Honduras and Richard took the time to explain everything in English and Spanish. He swam along with our group and pointed out different fish and reefs. After we finished our snorkel trip, we went back to Half Moon Bay and enjoyed their beach and restaurant. By then the water had cleared up and lots of people were snorkelling there and said it was nice too- but I think the Channel is better. I've seen some nice pictures posted from people snorkelling off the beach too though.

Thanks! That's the type of info I wanted to hear. Makes me want to book with Victor Bodden tours. My husband had suggested Rhony's, but since I don't see a snorkel part available with their glass bottom boat add-on, we'll have to figure out everything we want to do. Think the 14 yr old is wanting to horseback ride, and know several of us want to zipline. Don't know what all we'll be able to fit into our 7-3 stop on the Glory. Once we get our wishlists, maybe I'll contact both Victor & Rhony and see what they think. Thanks again.

Archived