magnets for doors???

silkie70

This may sound silly, but, while planning a Disney cruise, I read on a board about making door magnets for your cabin. We (and many others) had several magnets, even participated in a magnet exchange. I cant remember what the doors on Carnival are made of??? Specifically I'd like to know about the Legend, so we could create some magnets for our upcoming trip.

Thanks!!!

Depending on their weight, the magnets stick better on the side of the door by the room #. I would advise against any expensive decorations/magnets because some people will remove them. :( We love to decorate our door and since we usually have a large group that travels with us, we considered using our "fish extenders" on Carnival but decided against it after our decorations were torn down and destroyed. Now we still decorate but with cheaper items. :)

We ALWAYS decorate our cabin doors...We have used magnets and "tacky stuff". the tacky stuff comes off easy and less likely to have things disapear...We really never had a problem with our door decor getting destroyed...Moved around a bit-magnets only- so I will be decorating the door on our upcoming Dream cruise!

Hi everyone!!!

Thanks so much for your response!!! I did think about bringing our fish extender along with others in our group but figure it would be a bad idea. However, I LOVED making the magnets and surprising the others in our group. When I make the magnets, I just print them out on 4x6 photo paper and put them in a plastic magnetic sleeve frame, so there is no major loss if someone messes with them. Also, I have them personalized to try to deter them from walking off!!!

Ellen

F.Y.I.

There are some AWESOME talented designers on the disboards that have created personalized magnets for our upcoming cruise. I didnt know if anyone would design anything for Carnival, but they were very helpful and made some wonderful creations. I would post them but I am not very technology smart and dont know how to do it!!!

I only did our door once and I found some cute wall stickers at the dollar store and used them. I wil def be doing this again. It made it so much easier to find out room. I did it more for the younger kids traveling with us but it was a great help to use adults as well.

Archived