Brisbane Accommodation Pre-Cruise

hawkers

We may be staying one night pre-cruise in April. Any suggestions on what accommodation is close even walking distance to the wharf?

I wouldn't stay near the pier even if it is the one on the river closest to the city. I would rathef be in the heart of it downtown. Brisbane is a vibrant city stay there rather than in the remote edges. As for Downtown, I have stayed at the Sofitel (stunning) and the Mercure, nice enough for the money. there is a new hotel that gets good reviews called the Portal which had great rates last year.

I haven't caught a ship in Brisbane, nor stopped on one enroute, so I really can't say, but the train gets close to one dock (as does the river ferry). Another great idea, take two nights and go out to O'Rielly's Rainforest, it is absolutely fantastic the bird watching is stupedous and the weather a bit cooler than in the city. One word of caution, it takes for ever to climb the bloody mountain. Believe their website for every minute of the journey.

Archived