Travel from Miami?

Hello,

Ok, I am booked on the April 17th sailing and this is my first ever cruise. We land at Miami Airport on the 16th and spend a night in Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina.

Now, I have browsed the web for transfers from Miami to Fort Lauderdale and the cheapest I can find is over a £100, one way.

According to google maps it's only a 34 mile trip so this seems a bit steep to me, but for all I know it could be normal.

Should I take this, or just get a taxi on the day?

Thanks.

Hi there. We are also flying into Miami, but next week, and also staying at Hilton FL Marina hotel. We are going to get a Super Shuttle directly from the airport. We have used them before in New York and they are great, like a big taxi that you share with others, so reduces the price per person. You can email them for a price: sales@miamisupershuttle.com. They quoted us $110 for 4 adults. Enjoy....

We had exactly the same problem on our Jan 16th sailing.

We flew into Miami and then spent a night at South Beach (Colony Hotel), then had to get to Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina the night before the sailing - fantastic hotel by the way - anyway, after much searching of options, we ended up just booking a taxi from SoBe to the hotel and it came to about $85. Thankfully, our taxi driver (Fletcher) was superbly entertaining so it ended up feeling like a bargain!

Wow, that is expensive! I would highly recommend emailing SuperShuttle for a price as that $110 is for 4 adults, so would hopefully work out less than $85 for 2 adults!

Thanks Barnfather for advising that the FL Marina is a great hotel. I can't wait. We managed to get a good price on a waterway view room so hoping we see Oasis before we book in! Quick question, did they do a shuttle service to the Port as I read somewhere they did, but its not on their own website? Thanks

We are also flying in from the UK to miami and spending the night pre-cruise in Fort lauderdale.

We did consider supershuttle, but figured after a long way traveling, the last thing we would want would be a 'shared' ride, which could take some time, and so we looked for something more direct.

We were going to just take a taxi from outside departures, but in the end have booked Quality Limo Service (QLS) after reading so many positive reviews on here. $75 for 2 adults and its direct from Miami airport to FL hotel.

Archived