MSC Poesia - Caribbean Port Times

vacationmanic

The itineray for the cruise I booked w/o March 20th states arrival time in San Juan, Peurto Rico @ 5:00pm and Nassau, Bahamas @ noon. I was hoping to arrive early into these ports. If you were previously on this cruise what time did you arrive at these ports and how long does it take to get off the ship. The two other ports are Tortola BVI and St. Maarten.

I was on the recent Jan 30-Feb 6th cruise and here are the times as best as I can remember them. We arrived in San Juan at about 4:30 and since we had all been on the ship for 2 full days just about everyone wanted to get off right away so it was probably 5:30 by the time we were on land. The boat did make a 2-3 hour stop in Freeport to disembark an ill passanger the first night as well which delayed us.

St. Maarten: 10AM-9PM

Tortola: 7:30 - 3

Nassau: 11-7

the 3 other ports took no more than 5-10 mins to disembark after the doors opened.The ship left on time at each port.

On the Poesia trip of Jan. 23rd. San Juan 2 hrs. early, St Maarteen 3hrs early, Tortola as stated, Nassau 2 hrs early. The arrival times will be listed in the ships program the day before arrival. They do not announce that you can disembark at each port, you just go to the gangway at port arrival and leave. Hope this helps. Bill

I was on the recent Jan 30-Feb 6th cruise and here are the times as best as I can remember them. We arrived in San Juan at about 4:30 and since we had all been on the ship for 2 full days just about everyone wanted to get off right away so it was probably 5:30 by the time we were on land. The boat did make a 2-3 hour stop in Freeport to disembark an ill passanger the first night as well which delayed us.

St. Maarten: 10AM-9PM

Tortola: 7:30 - 3

Nassau: 11-7

the 3 other ports took no more than 5-10 mins to disembark after the doors opened.The ship left on time at each port.

I might add that the ship stays on ships time even though the actual time in San Juan, Tortola and St. Maarten is one hours ahead - you will want to wear a watch to keep track of the ships time.

I might add that the ship stays on ships time even though the actual time in San Juan, Tortola and St. Maarten is one hours ahead - you will want to wear a watch to keep track of the ships time.

Hi,

I read your review and fully agree with it, very well balanced review. We were on the Poesia on the Feb. 6th sailing

and had cabin 9102, very well appointed.

You mention in your review that you take the bus to Port Everglades. We winter in Deerfield beach each year and would be interested to know where you take the bus and the cost. Parking is $12.00 day and we hate to bother friends to take to the port each year.

Archived