Any 2011 brides out there?

I am getting married March 12,2011 on the Carnival Dream. Just wondering if there are many more of us out there? Needing tips on flowers and hair. Can we bring our own flowers or do we have to use the ones through the Wedding Experience? Also since we have to check in and be ready so early any ideas if there is anyone good over near Port Canaveral to do hair early in the morning? Or a good hotel near there with salon in it? :confused:

I am getting married April 2011 on Carnival's Predicate, out of Long Beach, Ca. I’m not sure what I’m going to do about my hair but I know I have to get it don’t in the AM before we board at 1030. As far as flowers I am planning on bringing my own silk ones. I have heard that Carnivals flower up grades are very pricey.

I am a 2011 groom :p We will be getting married March 14th 2011 in St Thomas Virgin Islands. We are chartering a sail boat and sailing to a secluded beach for the wedding. We will have about 25 people attending. I am not quite sure what my bride will be doing about her hair. I am the research and planning guy but she will have to figure that out on her own....lol Luckily the wedding will be on the first port day. Anyway, good luck on all your planning.

I am a 2011 groom :p We will be getting married March 14th 2011 in St Thomas Virgin Islands. We are chartering a sail boat and sailing to a secluded beach for the wedding. We will have about 25 people attending. I am not quite sure what my bride will be doing about her hair. I am the research and planning guy but she will have to figure that out on her own....lol Luckily the wedding will be on the first port day. Anyway, good luck on all your planning.

Wow, this is great. i thought i was the only guy who plans a wedding. Our cruise is april 8th on NCL Dawn and considering either barbados or st. kitts (marriotte). I want a WC that's going to make all the decisions on flower arrangements, cake, etc... I thought our (Men) job was to just show up, LMAO. But it's kind of fun to research and plan this.

We are planning on the March 26th departure from Tampa. Not yet sure of ceremony on first day or in port. A little nervous about planning in port and being detoured but I guess you never know.

I read the same things about the flowers..we all will have to do a little research and share the details we find. The only thing I am sure of is I don't want the flowers I saw in someones pictures. They were an all white arrangement on a white pedestal in a library. No personality and looked like the flowers were just pulled out of a Rubbermaid tub and stuck on top. Maybe bad photos but for 2 grand they shouldn't be that tacky...

Wow, this is great. i thought i was the only guy who plans a wedding. Our cruise is april 8th on NCL Dawn and considering either barbados or st. kitts (marriotte). I want a WC that's going to make all the decisions on flower arrangements, cake, etc... I thought our (Men) job was to just show up, LMAO. But it's kind of fun to research and plan this.

Hey alright!! I thought I was the only guy that roamed this portion of the board.....I have given some advice on here at times and people think I am a woman....lol I am the more travel saavy person especially when it comes to cruising. So I get stuck making the plans...lol Its fun, but I still like to involve my fiancee in the planning. I wish I could just "show up"...lol

Anyway, have you been to St Kitts? I have been there and dont like it. Another thing is St Kitts law states you have to be on the island for 2 full days before being able to get a marriage license.

If you click on this link.... http://www.islandbrides.com/destination/St+Kitts+and+Nevis/requirements/25/

You will see that it says...............

To get married, couples should be on St. Kitts or Nevis for two full working (week) days before the wedding day.

If the couple is residing or staying on St. Kitts or Nevis for the minimum period of two-week days, the license fee is US $80; if the couple is residing here for 15 days prior to the marriage, the fee is only US $20

If you have any questions please contact the Nevis Tourism Authority at 869-469-1042 or send an email to: info@nevisisland.com

As you can see it would be pretty difficult to get married in St Kitts being on a cruise. I have been to Barbados and thought it was a pretty good island. Good luck in our planning endeavors and glad to see another guy planning his wedding...lol

Hey alright!! I thought I was the only guy that roamed this portion of the board.....I have given some advice on here at times and people think I am a woman....lol I am the more travel saavy person especially when it comes to cruising. So I get stuck making the plans...lol Its fun, but I still like to involve my fiancee in the planning. I wish I could just "show up"...lol

Anyway, have you been to St Kitts? I have been there and dont like it. Another thing is St Kitts law states you have to be on the island for 2 full days before being able to get a marriage license.

If you click on this link.... http://www.islandbrides.com/destination/St+Kitts+and+Nevis/requirements/25/

You will see that it says...............

To get married, couples should be on St. Kitts or Nevis for two full working (week) days before the wedding day.

If the couple is residing or staying on St. Kitts or Nevis for the minimum period of two-week days, the license fee is US $80; if the couple is residing here for 15 days prior to the marriage, the fee is only US $20

If you have any questions please contact the Nevis Tourism Authority at 869-469-1042 or send an email to: info@nevisisland.com

As you can see it would be pretty difficult to get married in St Kitts being on a cruise. I have been to Barbados and thought it was a pretty good island. Good luck in our planning endeavors and glad to see another guy planning his wedding...lol

We went to St. Kitts on our last NCL cruise. We did a tour with Thenford Grey. We loved it. Wasn't fond of cockeshell beach. Too many shells, lmao. I contacted the Marriott in St. Kitts, and they said they do cruise weddings as well. But i was thinking barbados (The cliff's restaurant) is a better option. We may not have anyone come with us, which is fine by us, but we'll see.

I always plan our vacations as well. She wouldn't even know where to begin. Anytime someone asks her what islands are we visiting, she's gotta call me to get the answer.

Good luck as well, and post updates.

Hi! My fiance and I are getting married on March 7, 2011 in St. Thomas USVI. We are cruising with Princess but decided to book with Weddings the Island Way for various reasons. I will be getting my hair done aboard the ship but the WC will be providing the flowers and decor of the ceremony site. I like this because I have so much involvement in the choices. My future sister in law got married in Grand Cayman a couple of years ago through TWE and she actually had silk bouquets professionally made that she brought with her. They we gorgeous. She didn't like the idea of not knowing what the bouquet would look like. Best of luck and congrats:)

I am a 2011 bride. We were supposed to be getting married in April 2011 on Princess but we are back to square one because of the economy. Right now, we are planning on taking a 4 day cruise in May 2011 on Carnival Paradise as our wedding wedding cruise so our friends and family can come and then we are going to head onto a 7 day cruise to Mexican Riviera as our honeymoon (and my friends wedding cruise in Cabo).

I have been around this forum for a long time and had gotten rid of all of my Carnival information because we chose Princess but now that our plans have changed, I need to find all the info on Carnival all over again :o

Heatherkristin, since you are doing the same Paradise cruise to Catalina, could you tell me the time of your wedding since its not an embarkation day wedding. I am not sure how the timing works out being in port. Were you given options as to the time you wanted or did they give you a specific time? What wedding package did you choose? Are you doing anything special for dinner at the specialty restaurant? Would you happen to have the packet of options that TWE sent you? Would you have the photo package prices? If you do, could I impose on you and ask you to email it to me?I have no patience and we can't book our wedding cruise yet because they have not released the dates past April 24th for the Paradise so I can't get any info from TWE yet but I need to completely re-do our wedding budget. and I can't remember what the prices for options were or even what my options were! Like I said, I am back at square one and feel like I am just starting to research all of this!!! LOL Why oh why did I throw all of it away! The good news is that we will be paying our deposit on the 7 day part next week since they just released those dates for the Splendor and my friend booked her group!!! Appreciate any help you can give me!

Thanks!!!!

MalibuBarbie

cruisebride@npgcable.com

Hi everyone! I just joined the forum to say that I am very excited to be planning my 2011 wedding on board the Ruby Princess. I wanted to get ideas and advice from everyone here as the date approaches, and I also wanted to share photos and stories along the way as I plan my wedding with my fiance.

:D

Hello All- We are also getting married in 2011!!!! We will do an on-shore wedding in Key West on the Carnival Destiny, I hope that everything goes well, especially stopping at the port! I'm not going to worry about it tho :). Congratulations to you all!!! If anyone has any Key West information please let me know...

We are late 2011ers -- we have cabins held for Carnival Liberty leaving Miami Oct 29/2011, with our wedding date being Nov 1/2011 in St. Thomas! We are going to use an on-island coordinator so I will tell her all of my picky specifications for flowers - as for hair, I'm hoping to become BFFs with a hair stylist who wants to come and do my hair for me... but that's probably not going to happen, so I may use someone on-island if time allows. I'm thankful that before my first career was a makeup artist so I can do my own makeup!!

Hello All- We are also getting married in 2011!!!! We will do an on-shore wedding in Key West on the Carnival Destiny, I hope that everything goes well, especially stopping at the port! I'm not going to worry about it tho :). Congratulations to you all!!! If anyone has any Key West information please let me know...

Neeks77, I was in Key West Feb 7-8 and I LOVED IT!!! I did not expect to love it that much... my fiance loved it as well. He even loved walking down Duval St and he is not the type to enjoy walking down a street of shops and art galleries! I'm not sure that I can help you with your questions but feel free to ask!

Hi everyone! We are planning an April 2011 wedding on a Carnival ship too! We are wondering when you all are sending out your invitations?

The prices for the cruise right now are so great, we want to get the word out. Right now only close friends and family know that we're planning a cruise.

Should we send invitations now? Even though it's over a year out? So that people can take advantage of the "early saver" rates?

Should we send a different kind of "announcement," with invitations to follow closer in?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

I am getting married Feb 2011 aboard the Carnival Inspiration out of Tampa. Ive already booked the wedding, so I am planning on sending out our Save the Dates by the end of next week. I will probobly send out the official invitations around September. We are so Excited!! I think a cruise wedding is a great idea, less stress!!

• 2 weeks later...

Wohoo! We just booked our May 8, 2011 wedding cruise on Carnival Legend leaving out of Tampa. I have to call the wedding department back tomorrow and confirm the wedding date (currently on hold)

Now on to everything else.

The planner I am dealing with said the cruise is already quite full so I'm just concerned everyone can get on that wants to!

Maybe of our friends and relatives won't know until later in the year if they will have the time off.

I'm so excited though.

Hi everyone! We are planning an April 2011 wedding on a Carnival ship too! We are wondering when you all are sending out your invitations?

The prices for the cruise right now are so great, we want to get the word out. Right now only close friends and family know that we're planning a cruise.

Should we send invitations now? Even though it's over a year out? So that people can take advantage of the "early saver" rates?

Should we send a different kind of "announcement," with invitations to follow closer in?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

My cruise isn't until October 29, 2011, but I am making Save The Dates this weekend and passing them out at our engagement party! I have also started telling people our wedding website. We have 10+ cabins booked so far! Everyone is happy to know this far in advance, so they can plan their vacation time at work, have plenty of time to save up, and take advantage of early saver rates. Plus, all that is required to hold a cabin category at the current rate is $25 per person, so even if they cannot make it, all they lose is $25. The $250 deposit isn't due until June 2011 with final payment August 2011. That gives them over a year to save, and if they want a specific stateroom, all they have to do is put down the $250 as soon as they can.

In July-ish 2011, I will send out formal invitations with the day-of wedding details (the beach, the time, and the info for the reception on the ship).

I'm getting married on embarkation day on 1/10/2011 aboard the Inspiration in Tampa! We have 50 people cruising with us! Insane! It'll be a good time, though, and we can't wait to celebrate with everyone!

We (or shall I say I) sent out the Save the Dates yesterday. Most of our immediate family was harassing us for information so we set up a quick website with the info and then quicky boarding pass style save the dates so they would stop hounding us :D lol

Question for 2011 brides... did you do the individual or group bookings?

We're doing the individual bookings to take advantage of the early saver rates, but since they haven't released flights or hotels for May 2011 yet, people are instead stressing out over the cost of those instead (even though they'll still come, if one member of the family comes, they all have to go so they don't miss out on something!)

Archived