Any 2011 brides out there?

We (or shall I say I) sent out the Save the Dates yesterday. Most of our immediate family was harassing us for information so we set up a quick website with the info and then quicky boarding pass style save the dates so they would stop hounding us :D lol

Question for 2011 brides... did you do the individual or group bookings?

We're doing the individual bookings to take advantage of the early saver rates, but since they haven't released flights or hotels for May 2011 yet, people are instead stressing out over the cost of those instead (even though they'll still come, if one member of the family comes, they all have to go so they don't miss out on something!)

I had to do the individual booking because I didn't want to pressure anyone booking to a set date because me and my fiance had to book in order to have a set sate on the wedding.

We (or shall I say I) sent out the Save the Dates yesterday. Most of our immediate family was harassing us for information so we set up a quick website with the info and then quicky boarding pass style save the dates so they would stop hounding us :D lol

Question for 2011 brides... did you do the individual or group bookings?

We're doing the individual bookings to take advantage of the early saver rates, but since they haven't released flights or hotels for May 2011 yet, people are instead stressing out over the cost of those instead (even though they'll still come, if one member of the family comes, they all have to go so they don't miss out on something!)

We are doing the group booking. The price is pretty much the same as the early saver rate on the website, and all our guests have to pay from now until June 2011 is $25 per person to secure the rate. In June 2011 they pay the $250 deposit (although some people are just paying it now so that they can select their specific room, ie. people who want 3-4 people in a room, or my parents who booked a corner aft). The final payment is due August 2011. This gives everyone more than enough time to save, and if it turns out they cannot go, they have until June 2011 to decide and would only lose $25 if it doesn't work out (although about 15 out of the 30 booked so far have paid their full deposit already!)

I getting married in Key West and having the reception back on board the ship. For flowers, I recommend AngelsAccents.com-I found out you cannot take fresh flowers on or off of the ship and her silk flowers are absolutely gorgeous.

• 1 month later...

Where did everyone do their booking for the cruise? Did you go through the cruiseline or through a TA? I am thinking I would like to go through a TA, but I'm not sure where to start. I am wanting to get married in Baltimore on Royal Caribbean next summer... Just trying to get the ball rolling! : )

We went with a Carnival PVP for the booking of the cruise. And then we pointed our guests towards the same PVP. However, our guests are able to use any travel agent they want to go book their cruise and I only have to make sure to get their booking numbers to forward on to my PVP and he will ensure we all are seated together at dinner etc.

Hello wedding fellow planners,

I love this board and getting to share info about the planning of our upcoming weddings. Mine is booked. We will be getting married on the Ruby Princess on March 1st 2011. We got a group discount through princess by setting up a group booking. You only need 5 cabins of double occupancy to be considered a group. The discount wasn't huge but every little bit helps when planning a wedding. Please keep posting any new info and ideas.

Thank you

Hey everyone! I'm getting married on April 9th of 2011 on the Carnival Liberty! It's going to be a seven day cruise from Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios, Jamaica. We're going out of Miami. I have found someone who is going to come to our hotel in the morning to do our hair and make up before we leave for the wedding. Almost all of our guests are booked. I can't wait!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! I'm getting married May 25, 2011. We're taking the Freedom of the Seas out of Port Canveral and getting married while we're in St. Thomas. I booked through Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas and Leslie has been great so far! I'm so excited!!

HI there! I am getting married via Carnival Glory (feb 2011) on Limetree Beach in St Thomas. We are using Island Bliss Weddings (Janelle). Things are going smooth!!!!! Getting excited to just show up!!!!!

:):):)

forgot to write this on my earlier post....

We chose the group booking....our group rates were even cheaper than the early saver booking. (kids sail for $30 and $60 with an adult)....and cabins starting at $320!

Travel agent took care of group events on the ship and we have our confirmation already for dinner for the group at the speciality steakhouse on the ship...(the night of the wedding).

We also chose with the group rate so that we knew for sure who was coming etc. It's easier having the travel agent take care of all those stressful details!!!

We will have about 40 people crusing with us....and 10 meeting us at the ceremony on St Thomas.

:)

We are doing the group booking. The price is pretty much the same as the early saver rate on the website, and all our guests have to pay from now until June 2011 is $25 per person to secure the rate. In June 2011 they pay the $250 deposit (although some people are just paying it now so that they can select their specific room, ie. people who want 3-4 people in a room, or my parents who booked a corner aft). The final payment is due August 2011. This gives everyone more than enough time to save, and if it turns out they cannot go, they have until June 2011 to decide and would only lose $25 if it doesn't work out (although about 15 out of the 30 booked so far have paid their full deposit already!)

We book through a travel agent and we had the same options....$25 deposit and $350 due in July and the remaining balance due in November. This was perfect for out group reservations...it gave our guests time to think about the trip a little longer until the larger July deposit. Our guests are doing the same thing....most have paid their full deposit already!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I am getting married March 12,2011 on the Carnival Dream. Just wondering if there are many more of us out there? Needing tips on flowers and hair. Can we bring our own flowers or do we have to use the ones through the Wedding Experience? Also since we have to check in and be ready so early any ideas if there is anyone good over near Port Canaveral to do hair early in the morning? Or a good hotel near there with salon in it? :confused:

Hi there!

I am getting married a couple weeks after you on the Dream! It's really nice to find someone else who is getting married on the Dream and so close to my date! I would love to stay in touch so we can help each other out with info. So feel free to save me on here as one of your friends! :D

I was also wondering about the hair and makeup in Port Canaveral. So far I have found one make up artist from Orlando but will not use her because she is so expensive. I am hoping to find someone to do my hair and makeup in Port Canaveral.

I am planning to bring my own silk flowers for a few reasons. First I would like to take my flowers home and if they are real you will not be allowed to take them off the ship. Also, when I toss one I would like that lucky lady to take hers home too. I don't care for the way the ones they provide look and want my flowers to match the color I choose for my wedding. I am also bring the same flowers to put on my cake.

Regarding hotels, emailed many in the area and have narrowed it down to three different ones which are The Radisson, Country Inn and Suites and The Best Western Ocean front. These hotels came in with quotes pretty reasonable and they have pretty good reviews. They include free parking during the cruise, free deluxe breakfast and free shuttle transportation to the pier. There is a lot of information about Port Canaveral in the departure section of this board. Go to Florida ports then look for the thread title that says "I work in Port Canaveral."

We are planning on the March 26th departure from Tampa. Not yet sure of ceremony on first day or in port. A little nervous about planning in port and being detoured but I guess you never know.

I read the same things about the flowers..we all will have to do a little research and share the details we find. The only thing I am sure of is I don't want the flowers I saw in someones pictures. They were an all white arrangement on a white pedestal in a library. No personality and looked like the flowers were just pulled out of a Rubbermaid tub and stuck on top. Maybe bad photos but for 2 grand they shouldn't be that tacky...

We are also leaving on the march 26th sailing on th inspiration. We're getting married on the 28th in the cayman islands! I couldn't be more excited!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have posted elsewhere too, but looking for any ideas, etc. others have for getting your hair/makeup done in the area (we are flying in). . . . Port of Tampa. What have others done about finding these services when you are not local?

True - I love that there is so little fuss with planning the cruise wedding but that leaves me to stress about the few things I do have to get done. :D

I have posted elsewhere too, but looking for any ideas, etc. others have for getting your hair/makeup done in the area (we are flying in). . . . Port of Tampa. What have others done about finding these services when you are not local?

True - I love that there is so little fuss with planning the cruise wedding but that leaves me to stress about the few things I do have to get done. :D

I'm a little stressed about that as well! I've been doing research just online and at other wedding websites to see what local brides recommend.

I also am going to get a hair trial done with the hairstylist here and take tons of photos to take down so they know what to do.

Here are some links to people I've found in Tampa recommended by other brides there:

http://michelereneehairandmakeup.com/

http://www.kylelynn.com/weddings/index.htm

http://www.darlastafford.com/

I'm worried about the lipstick, I don't usually wear it, and if they apply it at 8 am in the morning, it will be gone by noon! Should I go out and buy my own before I go down?

I'm getting married in St. Thomas on 7/19/11! We are taking the Royal Carribbean's Oasis of the Seas out of Fort Lauderdale, and we are super excited!

I'm going with a local wedding planner instead of going with the ship services. I like that I get to pick the location, where I think the ship decides for you... What are you guys doing for receptions? I haven't sent out invitations yet, just informal 'save the dates' with the info on the ship and departure and our booking number in case friends/relatives want to book nearby on the boat. This is so exciting!!!:D

Hi there!

I am getting married a couple weeks after you on the Dream! It's really nice to find someone else who is getting married on the Dream and so close to my date! I would love to stay in touch so we can help each other out with info. So feel free to save me on here as one of your friends! :D

I was also wondering about the hair and makeup in Port Canaveral. So far I have found one make up artist from Orlando but will not use her because she is so expensive. I am hoping to find someone to do my hair and makeup in Port Canaveral.

I am planning to bring my own silk flowers for a few reasons. First I would like to take my flowers home and if they are real you will not be allowed to take them off the ship. Also, when I toss one I would like that lucky lady to take hers home too. I don't care for the way the ones they provide look and want my flowers to match the color I choose for my wedding. I am also bring the same flowers to put on my cake.

Regarding hotels, emailed many in the area and have narrowed it down to three different ones which are The Radisson, Country Inn and Suites and The Best Western Ocean front. These hotels came in with quotes pretty reasonable and they have pretty good reviews. They include free parking during the cruise, free deluxe breakfast and free shuttle transportation to the pier. There is a lot of information about Port Canaveral in the departure section of this board. Go to Florida ports then look for the thread title that says "I work in Port Canaveral."

Hi! I live in Melbourne which is 45 minutes south of port Canaveral and i will probably be staying at the Radison and i will be having Heavenly Belles do my hair and make-up. They have a website you can check out. Just type their name .com.

Archived