Any 2011 brides out there?

• 2 weeks later...

Late 2011 bride here. Eloping on St. Thomas on 11/11/11 :)

We have our cruise & our wedding coordinator, but the actual beach location has yet to be decided. Any advice? Looking for privacy & romance (as I am sure all are), but we will be married on a Friday around 10am if that makes a difference.

Late 2011 bride here. Eloping on St. Thomas on 11/11/11 :)

We have our cruise & our wedding coordinator, but the actual beach location has yet to be decided. Any advice? Looking for privacy & romance (as I am sure all are), but we will be married on a Friday around 10am if that makes a difference.

Hey LizB!

We are eloping also on St Thomas on 1/23/11!!!

We are using Janelle of Island Bliss. She has been fanstastic. We are going with Lindquist Beach. So far, it is the most secluded and romantic. Because it is off the beaten path, mostly locals use the beach. We are getting married on a Sunday around 9:30. Janelle said this was a very good time because there wont be many ppl around.

Have you picked a photographer yet? We dont know who to go with.

Allie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm getting married Jan 18, 2011 at sea on the Ruby Princess. We have just a few friends and family coming with us - about 15 of us total. We would prefer the "on deck" wedding, but TWE basically says we give up the live music, internet broadcast and something else I can't recall right now, included in the "package" - if we don't use the wedding chapel. Plus they have to get approval from the ship for an on deck wedding.

I'm beginning to stress over all the details...ughhh.

My daughter is getting married on Explorer of the Seas on 9/24/11 on embarkment day in New Jersey. She just set the date. Any and all information for planning her wedding would be helpful. Did any one send out a Save the Date Letter with all information about the wedding on it? Or did you send out a Save the Date Card and create a website for all needed information. We would love your ideas on what to do. My email address is bareese@rci.rutgers.edu.

My daughter is getting married on Explorer of the Seas on 9/24/11 on embarkment day in New Jersey. She just set the date. Any and all information for planning her wedding would be helpful. Did any one send out a Save the Date Letter with all information about the wedding on it? Or did you send out a Save the Date Card and create a website for all needed information. We would love your ideas on what to do. My email address is bareese@rci.rutgers.edu.

I recently posted this somewhere else on here. Hope it helps:

Although we did a save the date letter as an attachment via email, we also created a wedding website. This was the fastest way to get info out to everyone will lots of details. Below here is what was in our letter:

---

There's Love & Excitement in the air!!!

As you may know, -------- and I have been planning our wedding. To make it special we've decided to get married on the Norwegian Jewel, which is the namesake of the Norwegian Cruise Lines' Jewel Class of ships. Most of you already know that cruising has become our favorite way to travel and not only would it make perfect sense to share our wedding vows on a beautiful ship, but to do so in the presence of friends and family would make our wedding day just perfect for us.

Although we want to have an intimate and simple wedding, there are some special friends whom we would love to join us not only as we wed but also to share in our love of cruising. We have opted to do an on board cruise ship wedding the day of sailing so that we may also extend this invitation to those who may not want to sail but would love to join us on our wedding day.

We hope you can join us, so we are sending you this letter so that you can save the date.

We will be getting married on the ship -------- July ------ 2011. After our wedding the ship will then set sail and we will enjoy 7 days of cruising/vacationing as the ship visits Orlando, Florida, Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas, and Nassau, Bahamas.

July is a busy month with summer in full swing. We realize that this may make it difficult for you to come to cruise, and we would understand if you cannot join us. But our fingers are crossed and we'll be delighted if you can! We think you'll find lots to do and enjoy while cruising and visiting the ports. From individual plans, to group outings, we believe it will be fun for everyone.

We'll be sending a formal invitation later, but first and foremost we wanted to give everyone a 'heads up' since this will not be an ordinary affair and people need more notice and time to plan. We also would like the opportunity to answer any questions that you may have, especially if you have never cruised before.

Lastly, we do need to notify the cruise with some idea of the number of guests far ahead of time as they use this information to plan & coordinate our wedding. It also allows us to put a group booking together so that cabins can be on reserve. I know an RSVP at this point would be considered tentative, but it would help us a lot.

Please contact us via e-mail (@aol.com) or give us a call (my number/my fiance's number) to let us know of the likelihood of your being a sailing or non sailing guest at our cruise wedding next July. You may also feel free to contact us if you need any questions answered before deciding. We'd sincerely appreciate it!

Love,

me & my fiance

P.S. Below is a price listing from Norwegian Cruise Line via --------- our travel agent, from ------. These cabin categories were suggested as they are the best value for your money but note there are many options. The prices listed are totaled including taxes and port charges.

Please visit our wedding website for even more information:

http://www.weddingwire.com/----------

Hey RUBY BRIDE!! im getting married this jan 29th on the carnival freedom..sooo excited!! were down to 2 months & counting..nerves are setting in!!! but anyways..my soon to be mother in law got married feb 2009 on the ruby princess!! I have been on 3 princess cruises and loved them all!! If you have any quetions, I will gladly help you!!! She got married almost at the end of the cruise at sea in the chapel! once again, Im here for any help if you need it :D

Hey RUBY BRIDE!! im getting married this jan 29th on the carnival freedom..sooo excited!! were down to 2 months & counting..nerves are setting in!!! but anyways..my soon to be mother in law got married feb 2009 on the ruby princess!! I have been on 3 princess cruises and loved them all!! If you have any quetions, I will gladly help you!!! She got married almost at the end of the cruise at sea in the chapel! once again, Im here for any help if you need it :D

THANKS aprilmay85:) - greatly appreciated, and CONGRATS to you also! We are about to reach the point of no return with all this paperwork and decisions :eek: and I'm wondering if I REALLY want to drag this thing out on the deck and give up some of the "package" stuff for a 20 minute ceremony? Was your future MIL happy with the chapel setup? My future hubby thinks "Online it kinda looks conference roomyish" - but we've also got some family members with some mobility issues, so I don't want to drag them over the hill and through the woods to get to an on deck site either - especially if it involves stairs. Also, did she have any last minute guests attending - and if so, how did the ship react? TWE seems rather militant regarding last minute changes:confused: And did her onboard "planner" basically take care of everything so it ran smoothly - and did she request the later at sea day to get married? I requested the 1st at sea latest time slot - so we could get it over with and I could actually eat something and not worry about it:eek: - but I guess they really don't confirm anything until 30 days out. Sorry to bombard you with all these questions - but it's getting close, and I'm trying my best NOT to become bridezilla:D Thanks again, and how's YOUR planning going?

Without knowing whether you are from NJ, and knowing if most of the guests are from there or not - here's what I do know. If you have a huge guest list, then yes, by all means send out save the dates AND do a website - heck you should be able to do it for nothing, except LOTS of effort. The vessel we are getting married on requires a guest list 60 days prior and is particular about sailing vs non-sailing guests and all their info (passports, birth certificates etc...) and when it gets to 45 days before - you are final.

The embarkation wedding day is excessively stressful (sad to say - that's why we went "at sea") because, not only do you have a limited time element to work with, hair & photos etc - but you also have to carry all your wedding gear with you (although you should be able to get on early). Wedding dress, brides maids, tuxes, fake flowers (if u r going that route, because the cruise line doesn't allow real flowers via customs rules) and favors etc...

It's a virtual goat rodeo.

I'd get real comfy with your wedding planner if possible. I know they say "oh - anyone in our office can assist you" but unless you stick with the same person - you WILL be repeating yourself often - and LOUDER each time:)

If it is a small sailing with group - heck, we just called everyone and asked if it was possible for them and if they wanted to. But in this economy - putting them on the spot may not be the thing to do.

We STILL have a few that are "on the fence" because of finances etc... - and we are sailing Jan 16th - if THAT gives you a clue as to how people will book. I promise you - folks will wait till the LAST possible minute to actually book - even when you tell them the decision has to be made - NOW!

Then they'll hop on at the last minute - and won't be able to attend a reception you've paid for - for whatever number guests including open bar - because you did you final totals 45 days before as required.

Hence the early planning.

Not trying to scare you - just telling what I have encountered thus far.

Congrats to you and your daughter! Hopefully you'll be gaining someone to mow the lawn, SHOVEL SNOW and other "STUFF"

Hope this helps.

:)

Then they'll hop on at the last minute - and won't be able to attend a reception you've paid for - for whatever number guests including open bar - because you did you final totals 45 days before as required.

Now see I would think they would be okay with the couple just paying whatever the balance is for those last minute guest. I mean after all, it's more money for them!

Now see I would think they would be okay with the couple just paying whatever the balance is for those last minute guest. I mean after all, it's more money for them!

I hear ya. Me too. You would think so, but...I'm just sayin' that's what Princess' wedding folks TWE told me. It's funny, I actually do parties/weddings for a living - I own a rental company - so that's why I want someone else to take care of our big day for a change. But typically, caterers want a "head count" at minimum 2 weeks in advance - so they know what to charge you minimally BEFORE the event begins. They need to know exactly how many to prepare for etc... and how much $$$ to charge your credit card. And for at home weddings - you can usually work it out with them. But from what I've experienced with the "destination" wedding planning company I'm having to work with - the ships liason... they are rather militant regarding guest list etc. Now, if you want to pay for an extra few heads for the reception - I'd bet they'd make that happen - just in case - provided you do so in WAAAy advance. But our "planner" - who is NOT on the ship, but an employee of the company they sub out to - has made it perfectly clear to us that any really last minute guests are outta luck. No food or open bar for them - and seriously, how are the ship people gonna know if they don't rule by the "guest list"? Anyone could crash the reception then - and if you have open bar - well, that's gonna hurt the ships $$$ - and THEY aren't gonna let THAT happen. I'm pretty sure they've done this before - and have contingencies just in case.

Like I said, I'm no expert on ship weddings - just relaying what I've been told.

Just trying to follow the guidelines that aren't really working for us either. We will most likely end up paying for more than attend - just to be safe...ugghhh!

I am getting married aboard the Carnival Legend on May 8th 2011!!! I'm so excited to have found a place where I can talk about my worries with other people in the same boat as me. However I do not really get on the boards much if you can add me on facebook that would be aweseom. Look up Vikki Lynn Keyes. I look forward to exchanging advice with you all.

We are planning on the March 26th departure from Tampa. Not yet sure of ceremony on first day or in port. A little nervous about planning in port and being detoured but I guess you never know.

I read the same things about the flowers..we all will have to do a little research and share the details we find. The only thing I am sure of is I don't want the flowers I saw in someones pictures. They were an all white arrangement on a white pedestal in a library. No personality and looked like the flowers were just pulled out of a Rubbermaid tub and stuck on top. Maybe bad photos but for 2 grand they shouldn't be that tacky...

I too had a problem with the flowers that were provided by Carnival. You can bring your own cake toppers and flower bouquets as long as they are fake flowers. As bad as fake flowers sound there are silk flowers out there that look just as gorgeous as real ones.

My Cake Topper

36991_139856689358344_100000020413075_430094_1446515_n.jpg

And my bouqet

il_570xN.163070246.jpg

I found both of these and they were specially made for me on www.etsy.com. It is a website for people who make crafts and it has some amazing things on it.

Hi everyone! We are planning an April 2011 wedding on a Carnival ship too! We are wondering when you all are sending out your invitations?

The prices for the cruise right now are so great, we want to get the word out. Right now only close friends and family know that we're planning a cruise.

Should we send invitations now? Even though it's over a year out? So that people can take advantage of the "early saver" rates?

Should we send a different kind of "announcement," with invitations to follow closer in?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

You could always send a save the date type of thing that provides the info about the cruise so people who want to book now can do so. Than closer to the wedding you can send out formal invitations.

You can bring your own cake toppers and flower bouquets as long as they are fake flowers. As bad as fake flowers sound there are silk flowers out there that look just as gorgeous as real ones.

I found both of these and they were specially made for me on www.etsy.com. It is a website for people who make crafts and it has some amazing things on it.

This is where I am now. Trying to figure out where to get silk flowers from. All we need are two medium sized bouquets, one small one and and one boutonniere. It's a small order and I don't want to spend a fortune.

This is where I am now. Trying to figure out where to get silk flowers from. All we need are two medium sized bouquets, one small one and and one boutonniere. It's a small order and I don't want to spend a fortune.

I paid $40 dollars for mine which was a pretty good price. You can also go to a craft store like Michael's and get a standard bouquet and add some of your own colored flowers to it. There is a person at Michael's that makes them but they start their prices at $59.99 which is too expensive for fake flowers!!!

• 4 weeks later...

We are thinking about getting married on the Carnival dream on sept 24th in port canaveral. I am looking for any information on brides getting married in port canaveral. We have the cruise booked and the hotel is the radisson but i need more info befor makign my finall wedding decision.

I too had a problem with the flowers that were provided by Carnival. You can bring your own cake toppers and flower bouquets as long as they are fake flowers. As bad as fake flowers sound there are silk flowers out there that look just as gorgeous as real ones.

My Cake Topper

36991_139856689358344_100000020413075_430094_1446515_n.jpg

And my bouqet

il_570xN.163070246.jpg

That cake is beautiful!

• 2 weeks later...

Now that 2010 is about to come to a close I know that 2011 brides are counting down the months, weeks, days, minutes and seconds until their big day..including myself.

Where is everyone in their planning for their 2011 weddings?

----

I feel like we haven't done much, nor do I have anything to do at this time besides pay for our two cabins!

Us so far:

4/22/10: Created a wedding planning blog

4/24/10: Purchased Sha's wedding band

4/26/10: Booked Officiant

4/27/10: Purchased Dai's wedding band

5/26/10: Chose colors....purple, orange and fuchsia

9/01/10: Created a Wedding Website

8/21/10: Wedding letters sent to guest; We're Going On a Cruise!!!

8/24/10: Booked our cabin; a balcony treat!

8/30/10: Booked our Norwegian Cruise Line Wedding for 7/30/2011

10/15/10: Booked our kids cabin

10/21/10: Our first guest booked!!!!

11/17/10: Booked Angel's Accents (Florist)

12/04/10: Ordered Save-The-Dates (Vistaprints); received 12/15/10

On 12/31/10 we have an appointment at DB. We will buy dresses on that day as we have tried some on there and at other places during this past spring & summer.

Now that 2010 is about to come to a close I know that 2011 brides are counting down the months, weeks, days, minutes and seconds until their big day..including myself.

Where is everyone in their planning for their 2011 weddings?

----

I feel like we haven't done much, nor do I have anything to do at this time besides pay for our two cabins!

Us so far:

4/22/10: Created a wedding planning blog

4/24/10: Purchased Sha's wedding band

4/26/10: Booked Officiant

4/27/10: Purchased Dai's wedding band

5/26/10: Chose colors....purple, orange and fuchsia

9/01/10: Created a Wedding Website

8/21/10: Wedding letters sent to guest; We're Going On a Cruise!!!

8/24/10: Booked our cabin; a balcony treat!

8/30/10: Booked our Norwegian Cruise Line Wedding for 7/30/2011

10/15/10: Booked our kids cabin

10/21/10: Our first guest booked!!!!

11/17/10: Booked Angel's Accents (Florist)

12/04/10: Ordered Save-The-Dates (Vistaprints); received 12/15/10

On 12/31/10 we have an appointment at DB. We will buy dresses on that day as we have tried some on there and at other places during this past spring & summer.

Lipz- you and your fiance' are going to get your dresses the day we leave for our wedding cruise! Hope you post pics- I'll check when I'm back!:)

Archived