Bear Creek Zipline Ketchikan--Anyone do this tour?

badgambler

Hello Again-

We are considering the Bear Creek Zipline tour. We ziplined in Honduras ($40 pp-12 lines) last year and loved it but we were wondering if it was worth the $179 price tag (7 lines). How high are the lines? Do you get great views of the area? What type of wildlife could we maybe see? Bears, eagles ??? Do they give you photo op time on the platforms or is a rush to get you onto the next line? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:)

Hello Again-

We are considering the Bear Creek Zipline tour. We ziplined in Honduras ($40 pp-12 lines) last year and loved it but we were wondering if it was worth the $179 price tag (7 lines). How high are the lines? Do you get great views of the area? What type of wildlife could we maybe see? Bears, eagles ??? Do they give you photo op time on the platforms or is a rush to get you onto the next line? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:)

We have booked this for our trip in June. dont know what it will be like but we are looking forward to it!

The Bear Creek zipline is designed for people with younger children. They have an adult zipline course at the same place, Alaska Canopy Adventures.

Thanks bearbait. I did look at that one as well but it says for people who have done zip lining before and we haven't. Is there much difference between the two? Will we be the only adults without kids do you think? We don't want to be out of place or seem odd!:confused:

DH & I did it last September. There was a total of 7 people that day, all adults. For us, it was our first time ziplining, and we had no problems because they gave detailed instructions on how to zip. The first line is short, and they get progressively longer. Some are quite high off the ground. Although it was a rainy day and we saw no wildlife, we did have time on the platforms for pictures. As far as the views go, the lines are in a rainforest, so there weren't many long-range type of views, but the lush forest views were awesome. We had to rappel to the ground from the final platform (scariest part BY FAR for me). That was followed by a trip in a burlap sack down a mountain slide, which is in a tunnel, which kept it dry and fast.

Would we do it again? Absolutely! It was a ton of fun! :D

My whole family loved the zipline. We took lots of pictures waiting to get started. Helped that the guys were "easy" on the eyes too, but for me, I was petrified. Didn't see sqat, to anxious to get it all over with. Wasn't sure about going, but wanted to try, and be with family, so now I know. Its a different perspective, cuz I know most folks have a ball, but if you have any doubts, don't do it....its worse than you imagined. Sorry...don't want to spoil any fun, but everyone needs to know its just not for everyone, and I am not afraid of heights, just the zipping...get anxious just thinking about it.

Archived