Miracle's Extended Balconies - Worth the Extra $$??

hazeleyez3

We like going out on sea days relaxing (he'll read, I'll do some puzzles), looking out at the ports, maybe have a cup of coffee and a pastry in the morning.

Is it that the extended ones are an extra perk, or is it that the standard ones are truly too cramped for 2 people?

We were upgraded to an extended on the Pride. It depends on how much money, but for a small amount I'd take the extended in a heartbeat. That extra two feet of space makes a HUGE difference. DH and I spent way more time on the balcony than we normally would have since we had so much space to stretch out and be comfortable and it was the worst weather of any cruise we've taken! And we still used the balcony constantly.

Normal balconies are very nice but cramped to me - one person is always climbing over the other to go back into the room. The extended eliminated that problem - I could push two chairs together into a lounger and even napped out there a few days. The only drawback I could see was that if you are up on deck 8, you could have some noise from above depending on location, and that there is an overhang so the balcony stays shaded most of the time so if you want to sunbathe out there it's not a good spot. I sunburn really easily so the shade was very welcome for me the few times we saw sun on that cruise.

Archived