Scuba with Non-Scuba Family

apierce

I will be a recently certified PADI diver when we take our trip on April 4 to Cozamel, Belize, Roatan and Caymans on Carnival Glory. I will be with my wife and 2 daughters who do not scuba.

Are there any opportunities to scuba but bring them along just to hang out on the boat? What about if I just took my wife?

Also, I would like to do my certification open water dive during the cruise. Anyone know of any services that would do that?

Thanks.

-Andy

Cozumel: Could do a beach day. Nachi Cocom beach club has a snorkel and scuba operation a short walk down the beach called Palancar Dive (associated with the Allegro Hotel). Playa Palancar beach would be a similar option.

Roatan: Could do a beach day at Bananarama (www.bananaramadive.com) which also would have a diving option for you.

Also, I would like to do my certification open water dive during the cruise. Anyone know of any services that would do that?

Thanks.

-Andy

Your local dive shop may be able to connect you with a dive shop at your cruise ship stops. I know that's common for divers around me (NJ) who get their open water checkout dives in Florida.

Do your wife and daughters snorkel? Sometimes you can find a boat that will take both. I've had to do that with DH. He dives, I don't. But sometimes I'm the only snorkeler, so the boat caters to the divers and the snorkeling was in fairly deep water so not much to see. Something to keep in mind. :)

Archived