Cruise Director Simon

salmonbuster

Anyone know if Simon is still around???? If so, what ship is he sailing these days ??

We were on the Pearl in October and according to "The Chocolate Cowboy" (awesome server on pool deck) Simon has taken a position overseeing other CD's and it is land-based. I liked Simon sooo much that we taped the documentary filmed on the Pearl, "Big Money on High Seas" or something like that....and I still have it because we can watch it in the dead of winter or whatever, and it's almost like being there. :) He was wonderful, wasn't he?

If this was wrong information, I haven't heard otherwise.....

For those of you who met the "Chocolate Cowboy" he will be on the Epic......

P. S. I wish I was on a ship right now. :)

I must be the minority here. I did not like Simon at all. I found his voice on the PA system very annoying and just generally didn't care for the guy. I really enjoyed Shona (Pearl November) and Julie (Pearl January) and Matt Baker (Sky August) but Simon just annoyed me.

I must be the minority here. I did not like Simon at all. I found his voice on the PA system very annoying and just generally didn't care for the guy. I really enjoyed Shona (Pearl November) and Julie (Pearl January) and Matt Baker (Sky August) but Simon just annoyed me.

Yup...I truly think you are in the minority on this one! We too connected with Simon! Had Julie for a 14 day and have no opinion actually. We've sailed with Simon twice and we adore him.

We too loved Simon. We often think of and re-enact his: "Hello this is Simon your cruise director" and "Have a smashing day". He approached us on the 4th day of our Pearl cruise last year and remembered our names and where we were from. I thought a lot of this. He made our days brighter with his chipper attitude and PA announcements (love that accent). We will miss him this March.

Archived