Bill W's Cousin

swiddowson

:confused: So.... if the Friends of Bill W. regulary take cruises.... does his cousin's group also cruise - in my 11 cruises I've yet to see them meeting - maby I'm not looking in the right place.

After going to regular meetings on land I'd love to see a meeting onboad - lord knows it would help me and others too.

If you wish not to reply to this thread feel free to email me as swiddowson at elon dot edu :cool:

Can I ask what is Bill W cousins? Al Anon or NA maybe? I have never seen a Bill W cousins meeting in all of my cruises but have not been on a single cruise without seeing Friends of Bill meeting, so I imagine that if they are along the same lines why not just go to firends of Bill meeting and get your support there?

Part of the beauty of the Friends of Bill W. and there "cousins" is there anonymity, wich is a crucial aspect of the programs. In trying to be discreet AA is commonly refered to as the Friends of Bill W. The cousin program I am refering to is OA - and thus do they have meetings on cruise ships? If so what is there anonymity name?

PSW~ Friends of Bill W. are of course great for support and we both do use the same ideology its just not the same. Afterall OA is derived from the AA program. The people who attend these groups all have unique and distinct aspects of life that unite them. This is why they are seperate goups thus the friends of Bill W. could help someone like myself but that is not a preferable outcome.

billandtina315~ The firends of Bill W. meetings are normaly posted in the ship's daily program. Sometimes they are hosted by a memeber of the cruise staff other times its up to the individuals to lead the meeting.

I thought I had read once that the Friends of Bill W. meeting was intended to serve all passengers in 12-step programs, not just AA. I don't remember where I read it, though, nor know whether or not it is true. It may be worth sending the cruise line an email to inquire, though.

Archived