Kids club pager question for allergic|

knitdiva

Hi everyone,

DS 6 and I will be going on a summer cruise (either RCCL or Carnival).

Last summer on Carnival I was given a pager because he was 5. Because he is allergic to peanuts (anaphylaxis) and has asthma that requires daily medications, I was hoping they might consider lending a pager even if he is older than 5. I know I can teach him to give himself his epipen and puffers but he will be barely 6 and I don't think he is mature enough yet to walk around with his epipen. Any chance of being granted my wish?

Thanks!

My son is also asthmatic and allergic to peanuts (and eggs). Carnival gave us a pager, no problem. They also clarified (although I had been told otherwise by several people within Carnival) that in an emergency, they WOULD administer his epipen.

Did you alert the cruiseline of his allergy yet? That's important, both for them to be aware of it and for liability reasons. I did inform Carnival of my son's allergies/asthma and when he evidently sat in the remains of someone's egg dish at breakfast (on the upholstered seats) and we had to go to the infirmary, the trip was covered by them because apparently they had some sort of protocol in place that wasn't followed for him. And subsequently Guest Services called probably a half a dozen times in the next 2 days to check on him.

We were on RCCL last month and were told we could not have a pager/phone because dd turned 5 the week before. They were provided only to parents of 3 and 4 year olds. I have to hope, though, that if you have a special need they will accomodate you.

Archived