Kids snorkeling

prpattycakes

Does anyone know if there is free snorkeling on the beach once we arrive in port? I do not want to pay for excursions, I want to relax on the beach, but when the kids go to play in the water, are they allowed to snorkel on their own?

As long as they already have the gear, the snorkeling there is free.

Do they have free use of life jackets for snokeling??? I bought some snockel gear but not life jackets didn't know if I need to bring some with us for the kids??

You mean snorkel vests? You'll have to rent whatever you want if you don't bring it 'cause only the water part is free.

Scubatoys has these:

3colorSnorklingVest.jpg

• 1 month later...

Unless you kids are VERY young..they dont need vest...The water is so salty you pretty much float without effort. Bring your gear...It was the BEST port to snorkel...the visability was excellent and we saw MANY different fish!! Right off the Maragrittaville Beach...it was free. We brought our own gear and snokeled EVERY port but San Juan!!

for my first time, i just used the mask and snorkel off the beach at half moon cay last fall. didn't see a lot of fish,just some white ones, but i had a float and held onto that and did pretty good for my first time, to get used to it.

Archived