Roosevelt Hotel - Seattle

i know the Seattle hotel topic has been done to death but i haven't been able to find much info on the Roosevelt.

we're going to have a couple days before our cruise in May and wanted to stay at a centrally located hotel in Seattle. We're interested in seeing the Market, the Space Needle and maybe a little wandering around.

We're thinking of booking a couple nights at the Roosevelt - the location seems good - near an airport shuttle stop, walking distance to the Market (?). Price isn't really an issue - this is our vacation - we can get a room here for around $120 which is a reasonable price.

is this a decent place? is the neighborhood walkable? how far a walk to the Market?

any help or suggestions are appreciated!

m.

i know the Seattle hotel topic has been done to death but i haven't been able to find much info on the Roosevelt.

we're going to have a couple days before our cruise in May and wanted to stay at a centrally located hotel in Seattle. We're interested in seeing the Market, the Space Needle and maybe a little wandering around.

We're thinking of booking a couple nights at the Roosevelt - the location seems good - near an airport shuttle stop, walking distance to the Market (?). Price isn't really an issue - this is our vacation - we can get a room here for around $120 which is a reasonable price.

is this a decent place? is the neighborhood walkable? how far a walk to the Market?

any help or suggestions are appreciated!

m.

From there to the market is about half a mile, downhill or flat all the way (of course this means a slight uphill going back to the hotel, but by no means is it one of Seattle's really steep hills.

Lots of restaurants within close walking distance.

A couple blocks from the downtown transit tunnel (light rail service to and from the airport)

Archived