Corner Balcony Question

shsabres

Hello all, I have been on a few Carnival Cruises and have a question. I am going on another Cruise in Feb 2011 (just got back from one!!) My wife and I are typically on the Viranda (8th floor) with a port/aft balcony room. However, I read that the wrap around balcony's are out of this world and was wondering if anybody has had one and also the vibration. I have read around that the vibration is crazy back there. I know there is vibration on a cruise (although we don't feel it on our balcony). Too much vibration is going to be too much for us (I felt sick when I had dinner our first cruise, third floor aft). However, the vibration subsided by the next day. So any comments on if its worth taking the chance or whatnot! Thanks all!

Hello all, I have been on a few Carnival Cruises and have a question. I am going on another Cruise in Feb 2011 (just got back from one!!) My wife and I are typically on the Viranda (8th floor) with a port/aft balcony room. However, I read that the wrap around balcony's are out of this world and was wondering if anybody has had one and also the vibration. I have read around that the vibration is crazy back there. I know there is vibration on a cruise (although we don't feel it on our balcony). Too much vibration is going to be too much for us (I felt sick when I had dinner our first cruise, third floor aft). However, the vibration subsided by the next day. So any comments on if its worth taking the chance or whatnot! Thanks all!

Good idea for a thread I just booked a wrap/aft balcony and would like to know as well. I will be travelling with my daughter and it is her first cruise so too much vibration might just scare her off..

We were on the Freedom in November. We were not in the wrap, but the next stateroom beside it on the side 6450 (which BTW is a great balcony room...the room is turned on its side from a normal balcony room and the balcony is twice as long as a normal side balcony room). I will say that the vibration was awful when we were docking...so bad that it woke us up. It wasn't the actual vibration that woke us, but rather the noise from it...EVERYTHING shook terribly. Thankfully I've never experienced an earthquake, but in my mind this gave me some idea of what it might be like. Honestly, if there weren't little borders on all of the shelves, I would think that the things on the shelves would fall off...it was that bad. I have never experienced this on any other ship, but I've never been in the back of a ship before either (so I really don't have comparison).

Wow that is kind of scary. I like the view that I have seen on some of these rooms but if I am going cruisin' for eight days I need some comfort as well!! Any other comments? Also, I am possibly going to go for a balcony room on the 7th floor of the ship, I have always been 8th aft/port so am going to go for 7th aft/port. Any ideas for great rooms on that level?

Thats funny, we were in an Verandah Aft Wrap on the Triumph, and I never noticed

ANY vibrations. We did feel the motion of the ocean some, but far less than on

the Fantasy where we had a mid ship oceanview.

It might just be a difference in the ships.

We had an aft wrap on the Valor in January. Yes, it did vibrate quite a bit when we were docking. Thats the only time that we felt it, though. It did rattle things on the shelves in the bathroom and it did wake us up. However, we would just go back to sleep and the vibration just kind of lulled me back. If this would really bother you, then you probably don't want an aft room. I do get motion sickness pretty easily, but this never bothered me in that way. I absolutely loved this room. The amazing balcony and views more than made up for a little vibrating in my opinion. If we cruise again without our two kids, I don't know if I could go back to a regular balcony room.(Aft wraps won't hold 4 people) HTH:)

Yea, aft balcony's do not bother me, that is all I have experienced and never had any vibrations really. I don't care about the vibration when porting because I am always up before to record us pulling in to port. I am torn as to what to do, as I would really like to experience the room. Has anybody been on one on the freedom?

Thats funny, we were in an Verandah Aft Wrap on the Triumph, and I never noticed

Prolly because you were up on deck 8.. we had an aftwrap deck 6 on the Triumph.. the vibration was so bad when docking we had to open the closet doors and the drawers in the dresser it was nasty.. worst vibration we have had and that was aftwrap number 6 for us...

Agree here! We were in an L shaped cabin on the Triumph, Deck 7 aft right next to the wrap. Did not feel anything ever and loved the cabin and the extra long balcony for the balcony price.

Yea, aft balcony's do not bother me, that is all I have experienced and never had any vibrations really. I don't care about the vibration when porting because I am always up before to record us pulling in to port. I am torn as to what to do, as I would really like to experience the room. Has anybody been on one on the freedom?

Yup been in 7440 on the Freedom.. had a great time.. minor vibrations when porting that was it.. still prefer deck 6 balconies tho.. they have more aft space then deck 7... trying out deck 8 in April can't wait..

Archived