Carnival Kids Camp Attire - Feb

kal72

We are doing an eastern Caribbean cruise in Feb on Carnival. I am trying to decide the split between shorts and pants for our 2 and a half year old. we hope to stick him in Camp Carnival each day for a few hours. Are they better off in long pants or shorts in camp?

My kids wore shorts most of the time, however the weather seems to be especially unpredictable lately so layering is a good idea. We bought a few pairs of the zip off leg pants for my son and they were great. Light sweaters are also a must. It does tend to be cool indoors with the air conditioning, especially if you've been out in the sun all day.

Keep in mind that he can re-wear stuff since often he will only be wearing things for a few hours at a time (changeing for swimming, dinner, etc.)

Hope that helps!

When my son was 2, I usally sent him to camp carnival in shorts. I think it is easier to change a diaper in shorts than in pants and I wanted to make it easy for them. If you do pants or shorts, I think pull up pants are easiest (no zippers or snaps). At night I sent him in his PJ's or loose fitting clothes.

DS is now three will be on his tenth cruise this month. In our previous nine trips on Carnival, the camp only paged us once. (They said he had diarrhea.) I think what really happened was that he had a loose bm, didn't tell them and they didn't notice until it got on his clothes. In any case we picked him up, took him to the Dr. the next day just to check and then sent him back the next day. All was good.

If ti was warm enough, we always send the kids in shorts too. We do let them dress up for formal night whether they would like to have dinner with us or not. It's fun for them to wear their suits and pretty dress. I second the PJs, especially if you are going to utilize the babysitting services.

Archived