Have you ever stayed here? Residence Inn by Marriott @ Coconut Grove?

cruisingbooboo

I live down in Ft. Lauderdale and did a "Staycation" for a long weekend in october and stayed there. Got a one bedroom suite for the wife, myself, and the two kids who slept on a pullout. This is not a traditional hotel and looks like it is probably a converted condo complex. Multiple buildings kinda connected with each room having individual entrances. Private parking with key cards. Room that we had was very nice with two LCDs and a very nice bed. Single clean bathroom. Great closet. Small galley kitchen. Typical free continental breakfast with bacon and all the fixings. Small pool. Not on the bay but a few blocks away. I would recommend the hotel for people like me who don't need "The Best" and don't need to be pampered and need 1 bedroom places due to a 4 person family. I typically stay at Residence Inns and Embassy Suites and this one, while not the best, was very good.

Within walking distance to the hotel is downtown Coconut Grove which has great shopping at an outdoor mall(Coco Walk) and boutique shopping close by. Some very good restaurants but the best restaurants are elsewhere. Check with chowhound.com for the best restaurant recommendations. If you are new to latino food, check out Jaguar next to Cocowalk which is a nice Ceviche bar with south american food. The waterfront is right there and there is a nice waterfront park to take a nice little stroll along the park. Great art festival this past weekend and they also have a great farmers market. Aside from that Coconut Grove doesn't have that much touristy stuff to offer.

After that you need a car. Within 15 mintutes by car, you can be at Vizcay, Miami Science Center, Lowe Art Museum, or Bayfront Park, and probably the Seaquarium. Coral Gables is close by which has more upscale shops and restaurants. A bit farther away is South Beach.

Archived