Carnival Pride and poolside activites for 2 year old

JEANMR1

Hi everyone

I'm trying to find this information on the Carnival website and am having no luck.

I know my daughter can't go in the pool (even with a swim diaper) but is there some sort of area with sprinklers and splashy stuff she can play? If so, is that open when docked at ports as well.

Thanks so much.

I don't believe there's anything like this available on the Pride, as it's an older ship. I've read somewhere that a couple of Carnival's newer ships have a Slash Zone area where this is available - but not on the Pride. You might want to check out the Carnival Board.

Was on the Pride in January. There is nothing like that for small children. The pool deck was never crowded (even the covered "indoor" one) so I would recommend bringing a small inflatable pool. It will not get in anyone's way.

I don't believe there's anything like this available on the Pride, as it's an older ship. I've read somewhere that a couple of Carnival's newer ships have a Slash Zone area where this is available - but not on the Pride. You might want to check out the Carnival Board.

Some of the RCI ships (Freedom, Independence I think Oasis) have baby splash zones. Also, there are areas on Disney ships for the little ones. As far as I've read there isn't anything available on any of the Carnival ships.

As emjsea said, there is nothing at all like that on Carnival Pride. I have done the blow up pool with my daughter when was less than a year. By the time she was 18 mo she was a little too big for it.

She will be 2 years and 8 months at our next cruise (on NCL) and I was hoping she would be potty trained. Unfortunatley things are moving slowly in that area and I don't think we will make it. I think it may be painful to have her by the pool now b/c she will really want to go it and I won't be able to let her. I'm not sure how we will handle it. I concerns me enough that I've even thought about scrapping the cruise all together and going to Disney. We'll see....

I don't know where these other posters went while they were on the Pride. I was on the Pride in January too and in the back of the ship near the waterslide is a baby pool. It about 5 feet in diameter and the water is about 4 or 5 inches deep and is in a fenced in area (with a gate) that holds the pool and about 8 or 10 lounge chairs. It is nowhere near any of the big pools, maybe this is why no one has mentioned it.

I think the rule for this pool is the same as the others - potty trained, no swim diapers. But, it is a "contained" area which limits how far the little buggers can run away from you when they want you to chase them around. If you brought a bucket and a shovel, you could probably borrow water from the pool and still allow some water play without violating the diaper rule.

Some Carnival ships do have some kind of splash area (which seems to be something like a bunch of sprinkler type things) that allow swim diapers.

This is definately NOT on the Pride. But, the baby pool looked like a great option for people with toddlers.

hb5

Thanks everyone for your responses! We are working hard on the potty training now but only have 2 weeks to go so we will see how that works. There is $100 and a good bottle of wine in it for my daycare lady if she succeeds. However, if the little one gets stressed, we will back down.

One more question, there seems to be huge ledges around the pool that would be great for splashing around. I'm guessing no swim diapers there either?

Thanks again.

Thanks everyone for your responses! We are working hard on the potty training now but only have 2 weeks to go so we will see how that works. There is $100 and a good bottle of wine in it for my daycare lady if she succeeds. However, if the little one gets stressed, we will back down.

One more question, there seems to be huge ledges around the pool that would be great for splashing around. I'm guessing no swim diapers there either?

Thanks again.

Is she reained for #2? If so, then take her to the potty before the pool, and then every 30 min. No swim diaper needed.

Just remember that whatever water is on those pool ledges (and whatever's in that water) drains right back into the pool. I've seen toddlers and babies on those ledges on the last eight cruises I've been on (NCL, HAL, Princess, RCI). Not that many, and no one made a big deal about it (except on the Zaandam, where proud Italian Papa plunked his 6-mo. son nekkid into the fresh water adult-only pool at the back of the ship). It doesn't bother me too much, as I cool off under the pool shower, but I've seen a few dirty looks. Enjoy your cruise!

Edit to add: I just re-read my first post, and I really didn't mean to say "slash" zone!

Archived