Ideas on jerks blocking the stairs?

kay1864

Not clear what you mean...that Destinii is a facade, or Sassy is?

Why did that post disappear?

I think it's another poster using another name (Destinii) just to cause trouble.. instead of just posting their opinion in a civil manner under their real ID.

Sassy is legit and a very nice poster.

:)

I think it's another poster using another name (Destinii) just to cause trouble.. instead of just posting their opinion in a civil manner under their real ID.

You only say that because I like you singing to mice and giving them snacks!!!

AND I'm upset that I got duped by an Alter Ego!!!!!

Ah, too bad, because I really liked her post (except I can't speak for her paragraph in red).

Just did a search, she's been posting since September...but not very often.

What do you suppose got her post deleted? (I've never seen that happen on the boards, but then I'm not on here often)

What do you suppose got her post deleted? (I've never seen that happen on the boards, but then I'm not on here often)

it happens.. perhaps someone reported the post, perhaps a mod recognized the IP address... Who knows.. But it's taboo to speak about it.. ;)

I hope you have a good cruise and I hope you dont have the issues you are worried about.

Thank you for being one of the few to comprehend, and for not spouting nonsense about harming children, grandmas, or other mind-reading.

Most of the time, "excuse me" is of course sufficient. Clearly my OP was about the few times when it's not.

Amazing that there are those who apparently think teenagers-who-won't-move just don't exist. As another poster indicated, these people haven't been on the NY subway :p

Hey OP......you asked for a response in quotes to show where you advocated stepping on someones' hand and I did. What is your response???? Here it is again.........

Originally Posted by kay1864

Do point out where I used those words. Quote tags welcome.

I'll wait.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kay1864

My own inclination is to say "Excuse me" twice (the second time a little louder in case the noise from the pool prevented them from hearing). If still no results, I step on the nearest hand, clearing a path for me to walk up the stairs.

A poster mentioned carrying a glass of tomato juice while in the buffet line, so someone who rudely jostles you to cut in line will get tomato juice on them. So...anything clever that will work on the stair-blocking problem?

Well............????!! I will admit that you didn't specifically say that YOU would spill tomato juice on "grandma" but you did condone it in future posts. As far as the stepping on the hand bit...........there it is in black and white/blue/pink or whatever your font colour is!!

Roaming gangs of stair blockers is a problem now too? :confused:

This is how the Chair Hogs get started, first it is hallways, then stairs, then chairs on the pool deck, then seats in the lounge.

I would hate to see someone spill tomato juice on someone, and then they get a red juice looking sauce on them, but it is not tomato juice,

things these days could get out of hand real quick with the wrong people, so I say, excuse me, and move on, politely and quietly.

Take 5 or 6 steps back and run and jump over them :p.

:Dif you are coming down the stairs, do the bowling ball approch, act like you tripped and fall on them, if you can take them all out, you get a strike, if you cant, then someone else in your party has to try to pick up the spair for you.

Did I say "throwing" tomato juice? Nope. I clearly said that another poster HELD a glass of tomato juice. If they are bumped hard enough by line-breakers (a large problem on their cruise), then the line breaker can easily end up spilling said juice.

Several in their party ended up using that tactic--quite effectively.

And yes, I do indeed think someone who shoves someone out of the way because they don't want to wait in line like everyone else, deserves to end up with large tomato juice stains on their clothes.

Do you alway plan retaliations for things the MIGHT happen in life? Wont this board serve as proof that you acted in a premeditated manner when you do what ever you do?

Do read more carefully. I was clearly talking about the buffet line, not people walking abreast on the ship, and according to the posts, many people were line-cutting, and shoving people aside to do so. It is the line-cutters "creating problems with a aggressive attitude". Me, I wait my turn.

So you have never gone thru the buffet line, and forgot something, then went back to get it, without waiting for the entire line? Of coarse you have we all have at one time or another, so get over it, the food will still be there and you can have all you want, but if you spill tomato juice on me, we will be having all kinds of fun while everyone is going around us.

Um, first you say I should avoid the problem by taking the other set of stairs, then you say it's not a problem? Do make up your mind.

I repeat. Several posters mentioned encountering this issue. So for you to say "People are not trying to stop you from using the stairs" flies in the face of these posts. Just because you have not personally encountered the problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

prior to post #43 where are the posts of ALL the people that have had this same problem?

Now that I stopped to think about it, I have seen this on cruises before. I said excuse me and they moved or I just kept walking on, forcing them to move or get stepped on. It must not have been a significant problem though because I had to stop and think about it! :)

Now that you mention it I have seen this also, once off the ship and once on the ship, in both cases the people standing in front of me would not let me pass and get on the ship first at the start of the cruise, and again would not let me off the ship first when we got back home.

I wish these trouble makers would just get out of my way!

Um, because I'm a passenger on the ship, and therefore I expect to climb a set of stairs to get from point A to point B if I want?

Comprehend much? I clearly said I would say "Excuse me" twice. After that, I see no reason to wait if a group of people thinks it's okay to keep others from going up from a set of stairs.

I can see it now,

"excuse me"

"excuse me"

and the people/kids are saying, "hey lets see how long this guy will wait to get thru" "act like you don't understand him"

So you have never gone thru the buffet line, and forgot something, then went back to get it, without waiting for the entire line? Of coarse you have we all have at one time or another, so get over it, the food will still be there and you can have all you want, but if you spill tomato juice on me, we will be having all kinds of fun while everyone is going around us.

Hey, maybe that is why Carnival designs its buffets in the manner they do - to create fights!

I mean for goodness sake, if I want a salad I want all the fixin's in one area ... not the salad dressing in one station and the lettuce in the next and ooops, forgive me, but my olives are way the heck back at the start. Now wait, where did I spot the bacon bits? Oh forget it, I'm already covered in tomato juice.

Honestly, OP I really hope you have a great cruise! Have fun.:D

I need some ideas myself. I just saw a mouse ... for real. I kept hearing noises today, and told myself I was imagining it. Now its 10 pm on a sunday night and the hardware stores are all closed... Im about to do something aggressive to him tomorrow.

PS ... my idea is just say excuse me ... seems to work for me.

next time you see him, spill tomato juice on him, at least you will be able to find were he goes, then step on his hand.

I don't think I've seen so many rude / inconsiderate people in a thread here - merely looking for an arguement.

If you haven't experienced what the OP has, and don't have any *reasonable* suggestions for his situation...then move along! 16 pages of mostly spam postings. Go derail another thread.

The OP, myself and others have noticed this situation happening. No, there are not gang colors or clans of tweens running rampant on board ships hogging stair wells. Some people here apparently have a "cranial-rectal inversion." Move along.

Archived