My "Spring" Closet (Relates to What Season Are You?)

TerriSea

Hi everyone!

My name is Terri and I have been following the "What Season Are You?" thread almost since its inception. I have learned a few things:

• My season is Spring, also called Fire:) My best colors are warm, bright and clear!
  • I had a closet full of clothing in dark, muted, earth tones!:eek:

Over the last few months I have had great conversations with many posters and Curt Jerome Wild about choosing my most flattering colors to wear in wardrobe, hair, makeup, jewelry, and accessories! I have had some fun shopping for new attire for work and play.

I am posting some recent purchases that I really love wearing. Feel free to check them out, ask any questions, and post some pictures of your own for us to see.

First, pics of me on my last cruise in October:

72ziap.jpg

5vd73r.jpg

Please notice that the colors of my hair are different even though the photos were taken only 2 days apart. Most likely due to lighting conditions and natural reflections around me. My skin tone is definitely peachy like the picture of me in the bright green top.

I recently bought this blazer by Chloe Dau in bright chartruese. I am 75% sure it is a warm tone. I got a lot of compliments at work. I paired it with warm chocolate brown pants one day and with knee-high boots, tights, and a sheath dress, all in brown for another day. ;)

15pin3t.jpg

Here I show the blazer with a chiffon scarf painted by my sister. She paints on silk scarves using the resist method and has a small, loyal following. Thanks sis! I get a scarf at least a couple times a year!!!

29z1r4o.jpg

Close-up of the scarf:

2m7uu6w.jpg

;)

This blazer is an oldie-but-goodie that has been kickin' around in my closet for a very long time! I had ignored it for so long, relegating it to the back of the closet next to the dusty green boiled wool sweater someone gave me, but I never wear! Anyway, I dusted this one off, and wore it since it is bright teal. It actually looked nice so it is a definite keeper!

There are 3 things that some of you may notice that will betray its age: its label is so retro, the material is "Ultrasuede" remember that? LOL?!, and it is a size 8. I am a very petite woman and usually wear a size 4 or sometimes a 2! Vanity sizing was not the norm when this blazer was manufactured! ;)

2414klc.jpg

I wore this with a silky tie neck blouse in warm cream, and black pants. Very retro, sexy secretary!

This top is another tie-neck in spring green.

rclo54.jpg

OK, it looks like I have a thing for the tie neck top!! LOL :p

This is the perfect, perfect brown: warm chocolate, like a milk chocolate hershey bar!

I wear this with golden brown tweed cuffed gauchos and the aforementioned knee-high boots. If gauchos are passe, feel free to inform me!! I will stick to pairing this with my trusty golden-camel wool trousers!! :D

2yl36rr.jpg

Here is an awesome peacoat I picked up right before Christmas at Old Navy! I matched it up with a beret and long scarf! The whole deal was under 60$, but alas, the wool is thin and looks like it will not last many seasons...it is already pilling and looking old.

2lj5i12.jpg

2iufczd.jpg

This 3/4 sleeve top was unbelievably inexpensive. I have a few tops in this bright salmon color in different weights for warm and cool weather.

2vtpa39.jpg

Same top, different room of my house for the pic:

1gokg0.jpg

I wear this top open with a matching tank, or with this fun necklace that I got on ebay. Necklace Price: $5.99. The blouse itself was only 8 dollars, yep, 8 dollars at KMART! ;) I was very surprised because I rarely shop there. But their fashion has come a long way, I must say.

n20rdc.jpg

64hxqt.jpg

I bought some new clothing for my workouts: I enjoy NIA dancing, Zumba on occasion. I am planning to return to 2 things I loved in the past: rollerblading and jogging, as soon as I get the OK from P.T. (physical therapist). I sprained my shoulder, elbow and wrist in early January, so I am still on the mend. I want to be SEEN when I jog on the roads in my area - so I will recommend everyone wear bright clothing for outdoor exercising!! Please!;)

65zz0w.jpg

The orange shirt is from Lands End in a Sunlife sun protection (spf 50) weave, and the aqua shirt is a mesh quick-dry wicking top.

I hope you have enjoyed peeking into my closet.:) Rest assured, I am first and foremost a bargainista. All the clothes shown were $25 or less. Way less, mostly! ;)

Hi! I should have read your posting in the Season thread more closely before posting my own shopping experiences!

This is my first real Spring outfit for my next cruise. The aquas looks a little blue in this photo, but they are a perfect match for my swatches. It's a floaty silk chiffon casual dress that I think will go from day to non-formal night with a change of shoes.

DSC05771.jpg

The store offered a gift certificate for a future purchase with a minimum sale, so I also got a casual cotton turtleneck in bright aqua. (And an excuse to go shopping again!)

DSC05772.jpg

Thanks ladies!

Texaswinediva, love that screen name! :D Please do post pics if you would like.:)

Milaandra, such a lovely dress. Very classy. Of course, I love the T-neck top. You will probably find you wear it a lot.

Bonnie, you can see more of her work at telfordsilk@wetpaint.com

Of course, I make use of her "seconds" and "experiments", and they are all quite beautiful and unique!! :D Imagine how nice they would be if I paid for them!! LOL

There are 3 things that some of you may notice that will betray its age: its label is so retro, the material is "Ultrasuede" remember that? LOL?!,

Oh, I forgot to mention...remember it? I bought my MIL one from a trendy store this Christmas!

It all comes round again!

In my professional opinion, you are not a spring, since you have peachy skin tone, I'd say you are an autumn. If you were a spring, you would look terrible with red hair, but since you like your hair color, try on some browns, earth tones,etc...

K

In my professional opinion, you are not a spring, since you have peachy skin tone, I'd say you are an autumn. If you were a spring, you would look terrible with red hair, but since you like your hair color, try on some browns, earth tones,etc...

K

Well, this could be a fly in the ointment! :)

You are in Niagara Falls and do colours? I couldn't find anyone who did colour analysis locally. I ended up going all the way into East Amherst, and I live in Welland!

As we have been taught thus far, both spring and autumn are warm and peachy. Spring is more delicate and Autumn richer in skin tone, eye colour and hair colour. How does this differ from your teaching?

Today I bought a deep coral jacket-sweater to wear over brown toned neutrals.

DSC05774.jpg

And this little peach blouse in clearance. It is that crinkle-look, with a pattern in chenille.

DSC05773.jpg

I also bought three different colours of CoverGirl Outlast to try. I really wish they had testers! I got Canyon, which I have worn before so it's my fallback, Coral and Papaya.

DSC05775.jpg

Before I post more, I should explain that my colour swatches include 60...count 'em...60 different shades. Make that 58 if you take off the metallics. So, in addition to chocolate and coffee brown, I have a few that I would call taupey-brown or dark stone colours.

The top sweater I bought new...the others were from thrift stores. My secret there is to shop in the men's section. Men get a lot of good quality fine sweaters that they don't wear! These are all fine merino or silk so they will go through more than one weather-season, and they were all $5-$6. The orange might be a tad autumny...I'm new at this!

DSC05777.jpg

My major scoop...a Votre Nom blazer in wool/cashmere/angora. I think the labels are hand finished! Can't beat it for $10.

DSC05779.jpg

A warm green t-shirt from the thrift store ($4) and a light navy t-shirt I already owned. I have a couple of things in this colour.

DSC05776.jpg

I bought a pair of brown plaid trousers, but they are being hemmed so I can't photograph them.

Since I already had a couple of blue suits, a taupy-brown suit, a few camel/brown trousers and a few appropriate blouses (bright red, bright warm blue, etc.), I think I'm okay until the weather turns.

Besides, DH is starting to threaten divorce... :D

Milandra, I would totally wear the short sleeve sweater!

Ooh, How did you know I have been intending to buy some CG Outlast? Too funny!! I think I will also buy the Papaya.

Got2be: I am confident that I am a Spring, not Autumn. I have 2 sisters that are Autumn and I differ from them in that, although we all have freckles and fair skin, I have golden blond eyelashes and eyebrows. My haircolor as a child was strawberry blond and my eyes are teal green with golden flecks. Spring really gives me the color I need in my face. I look washed out in muted earth tones, even though I really like them!

In this picture taken a few years ago I was wearing an aqua top and had almost no make up on.

n51yl1.jpg

Can I ask where you got a 60 swatch set?

http://www.thatsyourcolor.com/

Lynda Tarantino confirmed my colours for me. She uses a 12 season system, but she showed me the difference between pure spring and light spring, and it was minor. I'm not sure if she sells the swatches separately, but if not, I'm sure she could tell you how to find them. It's a colour system, so there must be a head office somewhere producing these! (She's not in the office this week, by the way.)

It's getting a little dark in here, but here's a photo. I counted to make sure I wasn't misleading anyone, and I was wrong...there are 65 colours! They are just nickel-sized spots, but they are printed on textured material to match with fabrics easier and Lynda says they are nigh indestructable. My only complaint is that it can be tough to see the ones closest to the end.

I also cut out the swatches from the "Reinvent Yourself" book and I bring those along, too. Mint, for instance, is in the book and not in my swatches.

DSC05786.jpg

http://www.thatsyourcolor.com/

Lynda Tarantino confirmed my colours for me. She uses a 12 season system, but she showed me the difference between pure spring and light spring, and it was minor. I'm not sure if she sells the swatches separately, but if not, I'm sure she could tell you how to find them. It's a colour system, so there must be a head office somewhere producing these! (She's not in the office this week, by the way.)

It's getting a little dark in here, but here's a photo. I counted to make sure I wasn't misleading anyone, and I was wrong...there are 65 colours! They are just nickel-sized spots, but they are printed on textured material to match with fabrics easier and Lynda says they are nigh indestructable. My only complaint is that it can be tough to see the ones closest to the end.

I also cut out the swatches from the "Reinvent Yourself" book and I bring those along, too. Mint, for instance, is in the book and not in my swatches.

DSC05786.jpg

Thanks for that. Just the pictures help.

I'm pretty sure that with my naturally brown hair I would not be a light spring

Ooh, How did you know I have been intending to buy some CG Outlast? Too funny!! I think I will also buy the Papaya.

Both the Coral and Papaya are really pretty on! I did one half of my mouth in each colour. It's a sublte difference, and I can't decide which one I like best. Maybe I should try a full mouth of each! :D

Archived