My "Spring" Closet (Relates to What Season Are You?)

TerriSea

Ooh, my Tadashi came in! It's mint shot beige silk...same mint as found in our Spring pallet in _Reinventing yourself_ And it fits! Or it will when I get it shortened. :D

I still can't believe I got it for $75! My luck is phenomenal right now!

tadashi.jpg.a07039edcea60695da4d5ebb860245c8.jpg

Ooh, my Tadashi came in! It's mint shot beige silk...same mint as found in our Spring pallet in _Reinventing yourself_ And it fits! Or it will when I get it shortened. :D

You so have to post a picture of you in this dress..You are going to look sooooooooo Hot in it:)

Leigh

It looks amazing! WOW, again you have scored!!:) Shop for me, dear, will you?!;)

I knew I saw these fabric swatches somewhere. This looks like it would make it easier for me because there is a range on each card. I'm having a hard time trusting myself with Curts cards because they are missing a range. I still get stuck on warm vs cool so a range would help. Who has cards like these? Where did you get them? Do you like them??

DSC05853.jpg

I knew I saw these fabric swatches somewhere. This looks like it would make it easier for me because there is a range on each card. I'm having a hard time trusting myself with Curts cards because they are missing a range. I still get stuck on warm vs cool so a range would help. Who has cards like these? Where did you get them? Do you like them??

They're brilliant! There are so many colours, they are on a fabric-textured vinyl so they are matte, washable, almost indestructable and they are easy to transport. There's even a little vinyl carry pouch. I was concerned at first because the spots are so small, but I put it over the garment and it's pretty obvious which match. (As you can tell from my photos) I don't have to trust my judgement about colours that coordinate with my swatches...with 63 colours, I can match exactly.

My only complaint is that my bad cats think they move intriguingly and want to kill them!

I got them with a colour analysis from http://www.thatsyourcolor.com/

The company who makes the swatches is Sci/ART Global: ColorAnalysis.com I just found them on that website: http://www.coloranalysis.com/product_p/ca-pbc-1000.htm They aren't cheap! They are showing as $67. My whole colour analysis with swatches was only $90! A virtual one is $79. It might be worth finding someone who uses this system in your area. They must get a discount!

Now this company does a 12-season analysis. So there are three spring palettes. Lynda showed me the difference between my light spring and true spring, and it is slight. But you might want to stick with regular season or try an on-line quiz to figure out which variation you would be.

I find the blues and aquas the easiest to match on spec. I bought two dresses on-line from a specialty store in the UK and they just came in. I was worried, but the colours match my swatches perfectly!

They're brilliant! There are so many colours, they are on a fabric-textured vinyl so they are matte, washable, almost indestructable and they are easy to transport. There's even a little vinyl carry pouch. I was concerned at first because the spots are so small, but I put it over the garment and it's pretty obvious which match. (As you can tell from my photos) I don't have to trust my judgement about colours that coordinate with my swatches...with 63 colours, I can match exactly.

My only complaint is that my bad cats think they move intriguingly and want to kill them!

I got them with a colour analysis from http://www.thatsyourcolor.com/

The company who makes the swatches is Sci/ART Global: ColorAnalysis.com I just found them on that website: http://www.coloranalysis.com/product_p/ca-pbc-1000.htm They aren't cheap! They are showing as $67. My whole colour analysis with swatches was only $90! A virtual one is $79. It might be worth finding someone who uses this system in your area. They must get a discount!

Now this company does a 12-season analysis. So there are three spring palettes. Lynda showed me the difference between my light spring and true spring, and it is slight. But you might want to stick with regular season or try an on-line quiz to figure out which variation you would be.

I find the blues and aquas the easiest to match on spec. I bought two dresses on-line from a specialty store in the UK and they just came in. I was worried, but the colours match my swatches perfectly!

Thank you so much for replying. I have looked on that website. It is 67 for the color cards or 79 for a whole new analysis. Unless I get the hang of Curt's cards quickly, I think I might splurge. Plus, it would be fun to know which of the '12' seasons I am :).

I do have a question about the fabric swatches. Are all the colors on a 'line' your season? So you have to find a fabric in that family?

I think I might benefit from a warm vs cool type of book. One where the warm browns are on one side and the cool browns on another. I think it would help me if I could see which it matched 'closest' to. I know lots of ladies love Curt's cards, but I have several shirts that don't quite fit with anything on the cards.

Thanks again!

Cheryl :)

I do have a question about the fabric swatches. Are all the colors on a 'line' your season? So you have to find a fabric in that family?

I think I might benefit from a warm vs cool type of book. One where the warm browns are on one side and the cool browns on another. I think it would help me if I could see which it matched 'closest' to. I know lots of ladies love Curt's cards, but I have several shirts that don't quite fit with anything on the cards.

All 63 colours are mine. If you are just checking the season of items in your closet, why don't you get the Reinvent book, either buy it or borrow it from the library. There aren't as many colours, but it has all four seasons. The same thing works for trying to see the differences in general. In the Reinvent book there are four or five colours that they show in all four seasons in a row.

Hey TerriSea! How's this for embracing my inner Fire?

I just got a turquoise bra!

Okay, it's a fluffy bra...I wouldn't want to go jogging in it! But it's turquoise!! I'll post a photo tomorrow...it's so pretty!

I've got a ton of new clothes for spring-summer. Most are from Macy's , New York and Co, Ann Taylor Loft and Victoria's Secret. I think I found lots of spring stuff this year.

As we hope to move to Fla next year all of these summery clothes will come in handy

I've got a ton of new clothes for spring-summer. Most are from Macy's , New York and Co, Ann Taylor Loft and Victoria's Secret. I think I found lots of spring stuff this year.

As we hope to move to Fla next year all of these summery clothes will come in handy

Well don't tease us, Girl! Get the camera out!! :)

Springtime for the "girls" :D

DSC05903.jpg

Two specialty dresses I bought online and a great pair of cheapo shoes... (Lord Theodore Scabbyhead was being rather persistant, so these shots aren't very good and my colour swatches slipped)

DSC05904.jpg

Cheapo canvas wedges. I wish I could find aqua!

DSC05905.jpg

Millandra, I LOVE LOVE LOVE those dotted color swatches. I was at coldwater creek today and am still struggling a bit with the color cards I have, but I think I may be getting better. Coldwater had a 70% off sale and I picked up lots of basic 'browns' (I posted photos in the coldwater thread if anyone is interested). I did get this one in the famous palm tree green and thought of you Terrisea :)

K00227_793_S.JPG

This is the piece I was unsure of. I am looking for more neutral browns for work. I got the shell and skirt and will wear it with a solid tan/brown jacket. Does this fit in with our 'spring' browns or is this more autumn??

K01105_994_S.JPG

Honest opinions more than welcome. The tags are still on. Even at 70% off I will exchange if this isn't the right colors.

Millandra, I LOVE LOVE LOVE those dotted color swatches. I was at coldwater creek today and am still struggling a bit with the color cards I have, but I think I may be getting better. Coldwater had a 70% off sale and I picked up lots of basic 'browns' (I posted photos in the coldwater thread if anyone is interested). I did get this one in the famous palm tree green and thought of you Terrisea

K00227_793_S.JPG

This is the piece I was unsure of. I am looking for more neutral browns for work. I got the shell and skirt and will wear it with a solid tan/brown jacket. Does this fit in with our 'spring' browns or is this more autumn??

K01105_994_S.JPG

Honest opinions more than welcome. The tags are still on. Even at 70% off I will exchange if this isn't the right colors.

First of all, I applaud the turquoise bra!!:D Sweet Jeebeez, they are going to make the girls look great. Now I want one! Funny how I want what I see you purchase!:p

Cheryl, Thanks for the tip abut Coldwater Creek!!! Oh boy, now I have to make a trip there tomorrow. I'll post again if I pick up anything. I would love to find the Palm Green jacket for myself. That is a perfect Spring color! It would look great with linen trousers in a cork color - kind of like a brown paper bag color that I saw at Coldwater a while back.

The brown and black print is too Autumn/Earth.:( I'm sad to say that since I like the print. But wearing it near your face would just make you (or me) look too washed out. As a skirt, it would be OK, but then you would need just the right shade of top to keep it looking vibrant. That would be tough, so I suggest returning just the top IF you have a suitable top, or else returning both pieces. Sorry Cheryl! That is my opinion. You are doing great though!

Keep shopping friends!

Now I want one! Funny how I want what I see you purchase!:p

Cleo by Panache "Brooke" There are matching panties, too!

The brown and black print is too Autumn/Earth.:( I'm sad to say that since I like the print. But wearing it near your face would just make you (or me) look too washed out.

Isn't that odd? When I look at it, I see chocolate!

TerriSea, where did you get those fabulous Spring print wedges? Were they expensive?

Last weekend I picked up 2 pairs of shoes. One pair from Kohls - canvas print cork wedge ($35.00) and from DSW a nifty pair of cork wedges in a green "silk" fabric ($40.00). I haven't yet worn either - the weather is still toooo cold. My least favorite in the pic below is the pointy toe flat with buckle. I am not a fan of pointy toes on me! I love the round toe shoe so retro!

1smuz4.jpg

Last weekend I picked up 2 pairs of shoes. One pair from Kohls - canvas print cork wedge ($35.00) and from DSW a nifty pair of cork wedges in a green "silk" fabric ($40.00). I haven't yet worn either - the weather is still toooo cold. My least favorite in the pic below is the pointy toe flat with buckle. I am not a fan of pointy toes on me! I love the round toe shoe so retro!

I agree with you about pointy toes...they don't work with my feet and they just don't look right to me.

If you don't mind, I may go pick up those shoes from Kohls!

Friday a friend of mine was wearing a vivid turquoise hooded rain jacket and I asked her where she got it and if she minded if I bought it too! It turned out it was from Walmart and a heck of a good price! I needed one anyway! :cool:

Terrisea, did you get to coldwater today? Thanks for your honest opinions on the tops. I selected a pattern without much black. In fact, the front of the shell has only one small square of black near the bottom. It does look like chocolate brown, so I'm still not sure. But thanks again for your opinion :).

GREAT SHOES! I can't get used to the pointy toes either, but I love the patterned corks :)

C

I went to Coldwater and only bought a necklace for myself.

They just didn't have anything in my palette in my size.

I was in the dressing room with several other women. I tried on pants, but no luck. I asked the store associate about it, and she told me the store will no longer carry my size, but it is still available by catalog.:(

Two ladies who were trying on clothes snickered, rolled their eyes in my direction, and one woman asked out loud: Should we beat her up now or later?

I was actually STUNNED and just looked her directly in the eyes. I said nothing and just looked at her for a moment, then she mumbled "Well, I hate not being able to find clothes when I shop, too." I felt my cheeks redden with embarrassment to be the butt of ridicule. I would never ever make a remark about a stranger's size who was trying on clothes.

It just took the fun out of shopping to know the store will not have clothes for me. :(

I was in the dressing room with several other women. I tried on pants, but no luck. I asked the store associate about it, and she told me the store will no longer carry my size, but it is still available by catalog.:(

Two ladies who were trying on clothes snickered, rolled their eyes in my direction, and one woman asked out loud: Should we beat her up now or later?

I was actually STUNNED and just looked her directly in the eyes. I said nothing and just looked at her for a moment, then she mumbled "Well, I hate not being able to find clothes when I shop, too." I felt my cheeks redden with embarrassment to be the butt of ridicule. I would never ever make a remark about a stranger's size who was trying on clothes.

It just took the fun out of shopping to know the store will not have clothes for me. :(

I'm sorry you had a bad experience!

You do know that those women weren't being nasty, don't you? It's considered acceptable to make "envy jokes" about people who deviate in a way perceived positively by society and the media...i.e. if you are very slim, that's perceived as a good thing, therefore "jokable". We all (those of us who don't deviate in a good way or deviate in a bad way) think that it's a complement to show that envy publically. It's the old "oh, I wish I had HER problems!" and straight-haired people do that to curly-heads and vice versa, curvy women do that to slender women and vice versa, short women do that to tall women and vice versa. That woman thought she was complimenting you...honest...and right now she's trying to figure out why you were upset, and/or feeling awful.

I sympathize that your favourite store won't carry your size without mail order. At least you can try on the size they have and get a general idea of colour and shape before ordering! Cloud <-----> silver lining :)

I went to Coldwater and only bought a necklace for myself.

They just didn't have anything in my palette in my size.

Oh no...... sorry to hear you had a bad experience:

CyberHug-1.jpg

Cheryl

Thanks!:)

Obviously I am disappointed that I don't fall within their in-store size choices. The colors at Coldwater are so pretty and feminine. It's going to be a drag to go in just to look, then order online, pay the shipping and hope it fits.

There are a few brick-and-mortar stores that I have pretty good luck with, like Banana Republic or Talbots. They are a bit pricey, though, and seem to come out with a fresh crop of black each season.

About the envy remark: If you have curly hair and wish you had straight, or vice versa, a hair salon has a solution for you. The salon doesn't say to you that they don't serve people with curly or straight hair. To be told by a store that they have stopped carrying your size was frustrating; but the insensitive remark added a painful jab. Intellectually I know the remark was not intended to hurt, nonetheless, it was uncalled for from a stranger. Truly, the woman does not wish to have "my problem".

TerriSea,

Sorry to hear about your encounter with the snarky chix while shopping. That was just really rude.

But anyway, I think it will be OK with the mail order thing. I get emails from them frequently with free shipping offers. Another thing to do is order from the online kiosk at the store. Most stores don't charge shipping if you have the stuff sent to the store and one time, I had the sales person help place the order and the stuff was sent to my home with no shipping charges.:D Their sizing seems pretty consistent also. I rarely send anything back (unlike another store I've had a couple of foul ups with lately).

I do the online thing with them often. I don't know what the deal is with rarely having the style/color/size combination I'm looking for in the actual store.

I am feeling better now. Just getting the whole deal off my chest helped a bunch!:)

I am surprised how much that casual comment bothered me!

Thanks for the info about the mail order / store hybrid. The best of both worlds, no?;) Except for the instant gratification of snagging a good bargain. But again, I love to see other CC friends get something great, so keep posting!!

Archived