Cabin selection for a family of 4 on Disney Dream

soonergirl8

Hi all.

We have been on 2 3-night Disney Wonder cruises. The first was our family of four with our (at the time) 4 year-old on the foldover sofa, and our 16 month-old son in a pack-n-play. The second cruise was my mom, my daughter and I so no sleeping issues.

We are planning to cruise the Disney Dream next year with extended family, and my husband and I were looking at the different cabin options. Our children will be 7 and 4 when we go. The bunk looks pretty high, and our daughter is not thrilled about sleeping on top bunks. The 4 year-old will sleep on a bunk, but I am worried he will fall out. It looks like there are cabins with beds that pull down from the wall or the ceiling on the dream. Do you think this is the best choice? We would do connecting inside cabins, but our kids are still really small to do it.

Anyone have other cabin suggestions or cruised with two younger kids. Which cabin did you choose and did it work for you?

Small world, I'm from the DFW area as well.

We will be travelling with an 8yo and 12 yo. We booked one of the "family" rooms on the Dream which has three sleeping options for the children: fold down bed, the couch or the overhead bunk. Honestly, I think the bunkbed will be the "hot" choice since it has the night scene visible on the ceiling (and is just kind of cool).

My dc will be the same ages for our Sept, 2011 cruise. I just booked a cat 5-balcony cabin. We figure it's only a few nights so 7yo dd & I will sleep on the pull-out and 4yo ds & dh can have the bed. Or both kids will sleep in the bed with me and dh will wind up on the sofa just like at home;)

We will have connecting deluxe inside staterooms on the Dream next year. We will have a 4 year old and a 2 year old..plus, a 16 year old:) They also will provide bedrails, booster seats and a high chair if needed, but, you will need to request it. I'm sure our 4 year old will love the pull down bed with the scene:) Good luck:)

Archived