Spirit 8 day vs Splendor 7 day Mexican Riviera?

Tggrtoes

Anyone have any recommendations for Spirit 8 day (this is the more "exotic" itinerary with Ixtapa, etc.) versus Splendor 7 day Mexican Rivera. The ports don't matter to me at all and both LA and San Diego departure are convenient. So the question is really more on the ship. Neither have the cool waterworks upgrade unfortunately. Anything else I should consider as it relates to me and a 2 year old? We'd be doing a balcony room if that helps. Spirit 8 day is cheaper than Splendor 7 day, so on price alone, I'm leaning that way. Any advice? I'll probably post over on Carnival board too.

Anyone have any recommendations for Spirit 8 day (this is the more "exotic" itinerary with Ixtapa, etc.) versus Splendor 7 day Mexican Rivera. The ports don't matter to me at all and both LA and San Diego departure are convenient. So the question is really more on the ship. Neither have the cool waterworks upgrade unfortunately. Anything else I should consider as it relates to me and a 2 year old? We'd be doing a balcony room if that helps. Spirit 8 day is cheaper than Splendor 7 day, so on price alone, I'm leaning that way. Any advice? I'll probably post over on Carnival board too.

I have been on both ships and I would choose the Spirit. The layout of the ship is great, the Splendor was a very nice ship but difficult to navigate, especially getting to the dining room if your cabin was forward.

I like the 8 day itninerary better too.

Keep in mind that the demographics of this sailing will be an older crowd since it is the 8 day but there will still be kids on board for your 2 yr old.

You can't go wrong with either one you decide.

Have a great cruise and good luck!

Toni

Archived