Brewery tour

sssteph

I just did this tour last Wednesday. It was pretty cool and the price was definitely right. I have seen other breweries and this one is not much different. After all, the brewing process is pretty much the same worldwide.

They say you need to make reservations ahead of time but no one ever asked for my name once we got there. After the tour was almost over I found out our tour guide was not a Pacifico employee but was a tour guide from the Princess ship that was there at the same time. I felt pretty good that we got the same tour the Princess people paid for but for free.

It was kind of weird having three beers before 10:30 in the morning.

I just did this tour last Wednesday. It was pretty cool and the price was definitely right. I have seen other breweries and this one is not much different. After all, the brewing process is pretty much the same worldwide.

They say you need to make reservations ahead of time but no one ever asked for my name once we got there. After the tour was almost over I found out our tour guide was not a Pacifico employee but was a tour guide from the Princess ship that was there at the same time. I felt pretty good that we got the same tour the Princess people paid for but for free.

It was kind of weird having three beers before 10:30 in the morning.

I just read the paper that was posted from the tour and it says to wear long pants and closed toe shoes.

Did you wear those clothes or just shorts, sandals, etc.

Thanks,

We wore tennis shoes and jeans as did everyone else on the tour. I suspect you would be turned away without them. Even safety glasses are required during one point of the tour but they will provide them.

I suppose you could walk there as it isn't too far but we took a pulmonia type taxi that is outside the terminal because it was raining. There will be lots of people offering rides inside the terminal but just go past them and go out to the main road. There will be lots of taxis waiting there.

I took so many taxi rides during this trip I can't remember exactly how much. I think the guy first said $10 and we settled on $7 for the two of us. Sharpen your negotiating skills because you need to negotiate almost all purchases in Mexico including taxi rides.

A word of caution about the Mazatlan terminal. The tile all around this place is very slippery if it's wet. Stay on the carpet strips.

I did the ship tour thru Carnival and we had a blast. Yes you need to dress appropriately. We wore jeans and tennis shoes. We met on the ship in one of the lounges and we all walked off together and boarded a trolly type bus. I wouldn't walk it. Look at the picture above that Sophie posted & you'll see it is quite a distance and not a very good neighborhood. The good part of the ship tour is after you finish the tour of the grounds, they take you on a mini-city tour too & you go by the cliff divers and they point out facts about the history etc and the whole time, you are drinking more beer. Its great. Great photo opportunity from inside the cantina at the top of the brewery.

2919567700040669306S600x600Q85.jpg

This was Mazatlan pier when Pride & Spirit were in port:

2324219830040669306S600x600Q85.jpg

2599597750040669306S600x600Q85.jpg

2539663380040669306S600x600Q85.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

we did the tour on our own --so - yep --it was FREE .... there is ONE picture ( the others are of our wet luggage courtesy of RCCL ) -we took a taxi $4 and walked back --it was safe - bit it is run down part of town ...amazing how even outside of the port gates it is run down - some organizer could fix this up big time...

The shot was taken from the 'museum' high in the air - where you taste the good stuff. E-mail the brewery to confirm --where we got there --we where the ONLY ONES ( 2 of us ) for the 11:00 am tour - very friendly tour guides. Tour is approx 1 hours and you have up to one hr of drinking - we have just a couple and tipped her against her protests and were on our way.

Show up at the corner closest to the ship - at the time you select ( 9, 11 or 4 where our options ) - we got there early and the gate guard was in little mood to tolerate one more tourist - so we walked around - area is very poor but had no problems.

http://community.webshots.com/album/577033790YoQbyF

Greg

Archived