Liberty review - Western, Feb. 7 - with photos

Badlands99

Less than 48 hours for you now! What a good feeling that is.

And yes, you don't want to get mixed up with a guy like me.

I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel.

Bonus points if you can name that movie!

Hmm. Not really much of a Springsteen fan, no. Not since I was 15 and had Born In The USA on vinyl (yes, I'm that much of a geezer). But now you've got me trying to figure out what I said that made you think of The Boss.

Great Review Pee Wee!

And THANKS for the Dave Barry comment. I haven't read his stuff since I stopped reading my local newspaper a few years ago, but I've always enjoyed his humor. It's just the right amount of juvenile for my tastes.

I also gave up on dead trees in the driveway. You can still catch Dave here: http://www.miamiherald.com/living/columnists/dave-barry/index.html (okay, I'll wait here while you kill a few hours reading his old columns.)

Oh, you're back... A couple months ago I realized I was sitting right next to him at an Outbacks in South Miami. I wish I had said hi, but I always assume famous people appreciate a meal without interruptions.

Hey Dave, when your publicist finds this (Hey google: Dave Barry), how about hitting a RCL Cruise? I'm sure people would donate to your favorite charity in return for a seat at your table in the Main Dining Room. You and Bablands99 could compare notes and leave the rest of us in stitches. (with modern medicine, should we now say "leave us in staples?")

Shotguns on a cruise?????

Where??? When???

Sign me up please.:D

Hey, didn't they shoot clay pigeons from the deck of cruise ships once upon a time? Now THERE'S an excursion I'd sign up for!

Say, aren't you an armorer and/or enthusiast? I might PM you a question or two. I wouldn't want to speak about G-U-N-S right out in the open in the presence of these decent people with good hygiene :D

Aha!

No connection there.

Springsteen is legendary though.

The origin of "my" Badlands IS music related, but it's based on an 80's metal group that was relatively short lived...

Badlands' biggest exposure was a couple of years ago when a dude on American Idol sang a Badlands tune on the show. There were probably only a couple hundred of us who even knew the song and the band. But I was proud of the "idol" Bo Bice, and of Badlands and their fans, for the credit and the exposure.

Big hair and spandex is coming back, you just wait :)

Great Review Pee Wee!

Well done, seadog67!

You win one hundred internets!

(please allow six to eight weeks for delivery, some assembly required, not to be combined with any other offers, objects in mirror are closer than they appear)

I also gave up on dead trees in the driveway. You can still catch Dave here: http://www.miamiherald.com/living/columnists/dave-barry/index.html (okay, I'll wait here while you kill a few hours reading his old columns.)

Oh, you're back... A couple months ago I realized I was sitting right next to him at an Outbacks in South Miami. I wish I had said hi, but I always assume famous people appreciate a meal without interruptions.

Hey Dave, when your publicist finds this (Hey google: Dave Barry), how about hitting a RCL Cruise? I'm sure people would donate to your favorite charity in return for a seat at your table in the Main Dining Room. You and Bablands99 could compare notes and leave the rest of us in stitches. (with modern medicine, should we now say "leave us in staples?")

Yeah, I will definitely kill some time at that site. Thanks for the link.

It would have to be fun to share a table with him on a cruise, but I have this phobia of meeting people who's talents I admire: I'm afraid they'll be jerks.

I think I earned this phobia when I met James Brown. I've logged a TON of hours listening to and marveling at the supreme funkiness of The Godfather of Soul, THE Hardest Working Man In Show Business, etc. So when I met him briefly and he was less than delighted with me and my camera, I was a little bummed. I didn't have hard feelings or anything, but he is a hero of mine and I would have preferred a hug to being ejected :D

Say, aren't you an armorer and/or enthusiast? I might PM you a question or two. I wouldn't want to speak about G-U-N-S right out in the open in the presence of these decent people with good hygiene :D

More than willing to answer all questions, and if I don't know the answer, I will get it for you.

Just put Glock in Subject, so I can pull it from the junk mail.

ian_levene@hotmail.com

(That is ian underscore levene)

We were all oohing and aahing at the number of cruises they have been on, when they told us about "Mario." Apparently there's a guy named Mario who, for all practical purposes, LIVES on board the Liberty of the Seas.

They said that he has a job that can be done from any connected computer, and he makes good money doing it, so he chooses to live and work on the ship. They said he's been on hundreds of cruises in total, most of them consecutive.

First of all, I am enjoying your review. I'll be sailing LOS in just about 3 weeks and very much looking forard to the trip. I had to stop reading your review the other night and panicked until I found it again, and here I am!

And secondly, I know this guy! I misplaced my favorite dressy sweater somewhere one cruise, searched everywhere, up & down, lost & found, back and forth, and then the next evening I was in the diamond lounge having a cocktail and in comes Mario with my sweater - he had taken it back to his room for safe keeping. And then the following year I bumped into him again in the lounge! I thought it was hysterical that he was sailing the same week as me again, and then I found he's sailing all the time! I still look for him every cruise.:)

Archived