help me choose...

nfowife

Hi all, I've been lurking for a while and this is my first post!

We are 2 families of 4, and each family has a 3 and 5 year old. We are looking at 2 Greek Isles cruises for this summer. We live in Italy and the cruises leave from Venice, so that part is easy for us.

The first cruise is on Norwegian Gem. Newer ship, but we waited too long to get connecting cabins (so the kids would be seperate from the parents for sleeping) so now all that is left for us would be the AF mini-suite. But, we'd have the balcony, and the AF is a bit larger than a standard balcony and has the privacy curtain so after the kids go to sleep we could still be up and about, I think.

The other cruise is the Royal Carribean Splendour of the Seas. On this ship we can get connecting oceanview rooms. But, this ship is older. Both itineraries are similar, and the prices are about the same.

What do you think would be the better choice? Help!! I am worried that the Splendour won't have as good of stuff for the kids since it is older? Is that true or am I worrying for nothing? I wish we had jumped on the connecting rooms on the Gem when we had the chance...but when you are traveling with other families you have to discuss and get their feedback before spending their money :rolleyes:. We originally had 3 families going on the trip which complicated things even more.....

Thanks in advance for your insight!

Archived