Brits on Carnival

Will&Hel

I noticed on John Heald's Blog thingy that the number of Brits sailing on Carnival is increasing and there were around 80 on the Dream but most people in the UK who are not regular cruisers are unaware of Carnival. We sailed on the Freedom last year and met only two other Brits onboard.

I find answers to most questions here on CC or I contact friends we met on Freedom last year but some questions are unique to the UK cruiser such as:

1) Future Cruise Certificates - loads of advice from our friends across the pond on how to redeem them but are then any brits out there who have redeemed them- do you need to send them to Miami or is there a London office

2) Do you use TAs or book on-line?

3) Carnival Excursions or private

So any Brits out there with Carnival experiences ?

Hi, guys!!!

We have a couple of your fellow Brits sailing with us on the Dream in November.

They've sailed on the Freedom previously and a few other CCL PLC ships.

Here's a link to one of their posts:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=23199986&postcount=19033

You might want to drop by our thread and leave a note for them!!!

:)

The Brits I have met on the West Coast cruises have either booked a package tour in the UK or have booked with an advertiser on these boards.

One gal booked a private excursion set up through our roll call.

Booking a ship's excursion or a private one is dependent on one's own comfort level for such things.

No idea about the FCC.

Hi, guys!!!

We have a couple of your fellow Brits sailing with us on the Dream in November.

They've sailed on the Freedom previously and a few other CCL PLC ships.

Here's a link to one of their posts:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=23199986&postcount=19033

You might want to drop by our thread and leave a note for them!!!

:)

Thanks Mach I have notice English Tim posting before-one of the few:rolleyes:

The Brits I have met on the West Coast cruises have either booked a package tour in the UK or have booked with an advertiser on these boards.

One gal booked a private excursion set up through our roll call.

Booking a ship's excursion or a private one is dependent on one's own comfort level for such things.

No idea about the FCC.

Thanks

We booked our first through a TA in UK having researched through Carnival.com. We booked all our excursions bar one independently. We joined a CC Group Excursion on Antigua

Hi guys, I am from the North West of England (near Blackpool) and have 4 previous Carnival cruises, on the Liberty, Victory and twice on the Valor. My wife and I also have a sailing on the Dream booked for this coming July.

Though the numbers of fellow Brits may be increasing on Carnival ships, I have yet to see too many, in fact I can't recall any at all. I don't know if this is down to a lack of advertising in the UK for the Carnival brand, but for me it's kind of nice to get to know some of our North American cousins a little better. Tell them what proper football is about :)

Unfortunately, I can't answer your question about the future cruise certificates, but I have always booked directly with Carnival over the phone. I have always found them to be very helpful, and unlike some other cruise lines, I have never had any issues booking directly. I just called the US booking phone number advertised on the Carnival website. Sometimes this can work out very well if the Exchange rate is in our favour !!!

As for shore excursions, I have done both Carnival and private, and there are definite pros and cons for both. Whilst the Carnival excursions are typically more expensive, you do have the safety net of knowing the ship will not leave without you. But if you decided to take the plunge and do your own thing, there are plenty of resources here on CC, as well as across the web that will recommend reliable, perhaps more unusual options that don't cost as much.

As you have already sailed with Carnival, I'm sure you are well aware of what to expect from the brand - personally I love it. I was tempted by Oasis of the Seas this year, but the price compared to the Dream (and we have an Aft Balcony to boot) was just way too much.

Of course, if you do have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. If I can't help, I'm sure there are many people on this board who will !!!

Cheers

Paul

Archived