Comment Cards - What was your mark?

bamaphotopro

they should have a past guest comment - ie continues to meet my expectations of Carnival or have had better experiences in the past with an area for what needs improvement. This should be an honest and realistic appraisal of our experience. Like others said if we all were like lemmings and filled in exceeded our expectation how would they know the things that need addressing. I have always had a great time but not everything was perfect every time - only the first time because I didn't know any better.

I am totally honest (and I have high expectations) and I name names. Promotions and merit raises are based on customer comments. I try to be specific. I had nothing but high praise for Komang on the Dream (our steward) but there was a steward nearby who groused and scowled all the time and I mentioned him, too.

Our wait staff (Wilmer and Cynthia) were outstanding. I've some that were just so-so.

I'm also honest on the comment card. On my first cruise, pretty much everything exceeded my expectations as I had no point of reference. Now, having been on 4 cruises with CCL, I know what level of service I expect. If I don't get that, I say so on the card, if I do get it, then my expectations have been met, not exceeded.

I usually give glowing reviews to my stewards and wait staff in the comment area.

Has anyone ever heard back from Carnival about the scores or comments on their comment card ?

Yes, we received a letter back dated September 22 from a September 3 Alaska cruise. The letter was from J. Rodabaugh, Special Adivisor, Office of the President, addressing the problems we encountered. "Your comments have been shared with the respective department administrators for their information and corrective action." She expressed a hope to regain our confidence in Carnival etc.

No problems on the last two cruises.

Archived