Looking for drive/hike off the beaten path advice??

lbaerg

I will have a rental car and want to do some adventure drives... ANY ADVICE? Don't care how beat-up the car gets.. Any locals know of some cool places to go?? WHAT SHOULD I NOT MISS IN PR??

Lauren

What time/day of week will you be in PR?

I do a lot of "off the beaten" stuff.... What are you looking for (beaches/rainforest/waterfalls/small town stuff) and how long do you have?

I believe you will be here before/after your cruise..... you may want to post over on Trip Advisor, where locals are free to recommend places/companies/restaurants etc.

What time/day of week will you be in PR?

I do a lot of "off the beaten" stuff.... What are you looking for (beaches/rainforest/waterfalls/small town stuff) and how long do you have?

I believe you will be here before/after your cruise..... you may want to post over on Trip Advisor, where locals are free to recommend places/companies/restaurants etc.

Thanks, I'll look it over! I perfer something that is not a tour :o

I'm in PR for 3 days before (fri sat sun) and 1 Day after (sun) my cruise.. Mostly looking for all of it.. best local beaches (non-touristy) small town stuff.. I want to get to know the real PR not the Tourist side..

I'm young and can backpack to Cruise .. Don't care as long as it is fun..

My favorites:

Guavate on Sat or Sun is a real happening local place- great food, music, dancing- cheap and fun but crowded! Then you can do Charco Azul and drive a little of the Ruta Panoramica also. Weekdays, you will have more privacy.

I like bike riding in Pinones, then eating, and then beaching in the area there. Weekends get very heavy with locals.

Fajardo has some real hidden beaches- Escondido and Playa Colora are private and nice. Mar Chiquita is on my list of "to do", it looks great. Of course, Balneario Monserrate is nice also (especially after hiking at El Yunque).

You need to do a BioBay (a splurge) and spend some time exploring OSJ.

Culebra's Flamenco Beach is a great day trip... and cheap too (via the ferry).

El Yunque has some GREAT trails- kick your butt stuff. El Toro peak via Tradewinds trail is beautful.

Icacos island for the day is heaven!

OK RAINFORESTGIRL

What do you think of Raices restaurant in Old San Juan??

I'm not sure if it posted but

I love your Blog! Very Helpful

Lauren

I don't think I am allowed to say much about it (being local and all). But I had the most delicious churassco steak there.

Archived