Height Requirements for Epic's water slides?

keltshan

Does anyone know what the requirements are for Epic's water slides? Also, are there age/ht. restrictions for the climbing wall?

Thanks!

Most water slides I've seen state a person must be over 42" tall. But since the Epic isn't finished yet, it's hard to say. But I would say 42" is a good guess until we hear more. But I would also imagine of you have a smaller child, you might (and I say might) be able to hold the child and slide down, unless they are very strict about the height limit they set, as a younger kid held in a lap might get hurt.

I also know from reading many posts, that although there is no age limit for water activities on NCL, kids must be potty trained and aren't even allowed in ANY of the pools because of the fact all pools share a filtration system, and any leakage will close down all pools on board. This is why NCL does not even allow "swimmie diapers" in any of it's pools. (Disney is the only cruise line to allow swimmie diapers in it's pools). So that may also affect the age limit and/or height limit for water slides and water sports/activities.

As far as the rock wall, I think I read you must be 7-years old to climb. But since NCL also has kid's programs, maybe they'll have a special one-time experience for kids younger than 7, but again that's a guess. But I am pretty sure it's a 7-year old age limit for the rock wall. (My guess is probably because they need to make sure the helmets, harnesses, etc. properly fit.)

Sorry my answers aren't more "definite" but it may give you an idea of what to expect. :D

There is usually a height requirement in these rides. The individual rides will most likely be 42 or 48. The tube ride may be as low as 36 when the second person is an adult. Some water parks require 48. We shall see.

There is usually a height requirement in these rides. The individual rides will most likely be 42 or 48. The tube ride may be as low as 36 when the second person is an adult. Some water parks require 48. We shall see.

Agreed that 48" is a more likely number for the slides. And as for the rock wall, like I said, I'm thinking I remember hearing the age 7-and-above, something having to do with making sure the harnesses and helmets fit properly.

• 6 months later...

I didn't see anything posted, but I would suggest that it should be treated like most water parks, with small kids not allowed. The slides are dark, fast and full of water. For the Epic Plunge the child needs to be big enough to stay in a tube while being rushed through a tube and around a bowl. Even adults fell off when I was there.

Archived