windjammer/Jade question

CSBM

We are currently schedule to said on Liberty next March (2011). This will be our very first cruise. As I look over the ship pictures and diagrams I am a little confused. Is Jade a separate eating area or is it apart of WJ?

Also just confirming that the pizza, salads, and sandwiches from the cafe on the promenade are free. Thanks for the help!

CSBM

We are currently schedule to said on Liberty next March (2011). This will be our very first cruise. As I look over the ship pictures and diagrams I am a little confused. Is Jade a separate eating area or is it apart of WJ?

Also just confirming that the pizza, salads, and sandwiches from the cafe on the promenade are free. Thanks for the help!

CSBM

Jade is part of the Windjammer. There is no additional charge for any foods in the Cafe' Promenade.

Does anyone have any pictures of the layout of WJ/Jade?

Thanks so much

CSBM

The deck plans are an inaccurate representation of the Windjammer. As you enter the Windjammer, there is a small bar and seating area.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2512816280037122791ERvyEf

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2632318450096246620WTjsOK

As you pass that area, you will get to the serving line for Jade just as any other buffet. Jade is just another serving line in the Windjammer buffet.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2979853550058105257HzMEdM

CSBM

A description of the whole buffet might answer your Jade/Windjammer question best: When you enter the buffet area the first thing you see is the Plaza Bar. There's only one Plaza Bar, whereas there are two of most other things in the bufffet. It's dead-center in front of the entrance, and it serves sodas and alcohol -- for-charge drinks.

The center area (behind the bar) is the kitchen. If you go to the right, you'll see the Jade buffet serving area . . . if you go to the left, you'll see an identical Jade buffet serving area.

There's really no official dividing line where Jade ends and Windjammer begins, but the two of them wind around the kitchen area and at some point Jade becomes Windjammer. Just as there are two Jades -- one to the left, one to the right -- there are two Windjammer serving areas -- one to the left, one to the right. Desserts, breads, fruits and other things are found on freestanding serving islands towards the back of the serving lines.

No-charge drinks -- tea, lemonade, water, and a few other things -- are found at several drink stations on each side of the huge room.

Tables are arranged all around the edges, providing a good view of the water or the islands.

Promenade:

Pizza, salads, sandwiches, fruit, cookies -- perhaps a few other items -- are all no-charge in the Promenade serving venues (you can't really say free, but you can say included with your ticket). The Promenade Cafe DOES scoot right up next to a bar and the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream shop -- places that DO charge for their wares -- but most all the food in the Promenade is no charge.

How are the sandwiches? Last year we were on Majesty- they had a sandwich shop- didn't care for any of the sandwiches. They did have a small salad bar that was good.
The Promenade Cafe is a favorite of my family's. The sandwiches are all TINY and YUMMY. They always have the same little ham and swiss croissants (must be their "best seller" --I know my husband never eats anything else), and in addition they have 2-4 other options. The selection changes daily, but everything we had was really good. You know that a sandwich always tastes better when someone else makes it for you!

The ham and cheese croissants are not to be missed! I could eat these all day everday and not ever go into another dining venue! No comparison to any food on Majesty. However, I do like the cheese panninis on Majesty in the Compass Deli as long as you cover them in Tabasco.

CSBM

All of the food at Promenade Cafe is included at no additional charge. On Liberty, pizza is available at Sorrentos, not Promenade Cafe.

How is the sushi on board?

STRIKE THIS QUESTION...just saw the above post...duh.

I can tell you that, as a sushi lover, I found it to be terrible. :o And the options were limited. Only a few rolls to choose from, among other mediocre Asian dishes (Chinese, Thai, Indian, etc.)

Archived