Snorkeling Questions

drsullivan

Will be there on Monday 3/8/10 on the Dream. We would like to do some 'real snorkeling' off of boats...as opposed to swimming out from shore. Does anyone have any suggestions about companies, tours, etc. Should I contact some dive companies? I am a PADI diver and my kids are in college. We are very comfortable in the water and all excellent swimmers. Thanks.

Would you like to do a discover scuba dive with your kids? In any case, you all can do a boat snorkel or dive trip from Playa Palancar with their on-site dive op.

Singing Pixie just added some posts to this thread ----> http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1139745 that provide more information.

You can also arrange a boat snorkel tour from Paradise Beach if you arrange it in advance with the manager Tom.

I think you can also do a boat snorkel trip from Nachi Cocom. It is an all inclusive beach club.

Don't know if you're still reading this, but we just got off the Freedom on Sunday (2/21) and used Manta Sports in Cozumel for a two reef snorkel trip. They use a 54' catamaran do snorkel trips to Palancar and Columbia Reefs, water/soft drinks onboard during the snorkel, and margaritas and beer after snorkeling. We absolutely loved this trip. It believe it was $45/per person. They leave from the Aqua Safari Pier downtown, which was about a $8 cab ride from where we were docked.

Their website is: http://www.mantasports.com/index.html

Post any questions and I'll try to answer them.

Susan

Hi Susan,

We are going on the Carnival Freedom March 13th and were a little iffy about a snorkeling trip because we didnt know if it would be warm enough. Was the water or air cold or was it comfortable? Sounds like you had a wonderful trip, we are doing the zipline tour with Charlie Soto in Costa Rica, can't wait...9 days

• 1 month later...

Susan, was the Manta Catamaran trip too crowded? We are a party of 6 (2 adults, and young people 17,15,15, and 13 years of age). We are looking forward to it!!! It's reasonably priced, too. We like to do stuff with other people, but I was wondering about how many people would be with us. Thanks!

Archived