Changes for the Allure

AG has hinted that changes may be happening for Allure with this statement

Due to what one of my law professors called the “relentless march of the calendar”, we suddenly have only eight months and change until the delivery of Allure of the Seas. We are often asked about whether there will be anything different from Oasis of the Seas on our new 225,000 ton baby. We have said no but we may have been a little hasty. We wouldn’t be Royal Caribbean International without doing a few things differently. I’m sure you’re not at all interested so we won’t keep you posted on this.

Personally I don't see anything major changing but I can see some changes in some of the dining and retail areas that have not done as well as RCI had hoped on the Oasis. Will be interesting to see what/if changes are made.

Here is the entire part of his blog.

http://www.nationofwhynot.com/blog/

I have heard some people say there are actually 5,000 changes that will take place onboard Allure of the Seas. Now whether that is ture or not will be seen. Also many changes will probably go unnoticed because they will be behind the scenes type of things. A couple things I heard, possibly a stairway in the main dining room like Voyager and Freedom class ships and putting Portofinos in Central Park instead of Giovanni's. If there are major changes like this, I hope they will make a list so we all know.

I have heard some people say there are actually 5,000 changes that will take place onboard Allure of the Seas. Now whether that is ture or not will be seen. Also many changes will probably go unnoticed because they will be behind the scenes type of things. A couple things I heard, possibly a stairway in the main dining room like Voyager and Freedom class ships and putting Portofinos in Central Park instead of Giovanni's. If there are major changes like this, I hope they will make a list so we all know.

The couple of changes you mentioned, the stairway and Portofinos, is exactly what is needed. Let's not forget that plug in issue with the hairdryers. :)

Hopefully they announce the changes soon. If they get rid of the merry-go-around, that will be a big disappointment for our 5 year old that is looking forward to it next year!

I would think this is safe. It looked to be a hit on our trip with kids of ALL ages and it's a essential part of the Boardwalk atmosphere.

I think that's a pretty safe guess. I was never able to figure out why they named it Giovanni's Table but if you watch the recent video on restaurants the chef's name is Giovanni! I don't know if that's irony or the actual reason but I'm not sure how many Giovanni's are looking for a chef job at sea right now, lol.

I was reading one of the books in the cabin about Oasis when I was onboard last week, it had a few interviews with people from RCI and the companies that designed different spaces around the ship. One company, the name of which unfortunately escapes me, had an interview where they stated they would be taking the helm and putting a 'different spin' on the Rising Tide bar. So a new company designing it makes me think this will be altered in some way.

I was reading one of the books in the cabin about Oasis when I was onboard last week, it had a few interviews with people from RCI and the companies that designed different spaces around the ship. One company, the name of which unfortunately escapes me, had an interview where they stated they would be taking the helm and putting a 'different spin' on the Rising Tide bar. So a new company designing it makes me think this will be altered in some way.

Will the Rising Tide Bar onboard Allure of the Seas be round and slowly rotate as it rises and falls? I only said the stairway in the main dining room because I was disappointed to see it missing on Oasis of the Seas and it just seems odd that a large dining room like that wouldn't have a grand stairway. Also why in the world is Portofino's not there? Just does not make any sense. I've eaten there many times and have always enjoyed it and I look forward to it when I get onboard. Hopefully Allure of the Seas features this restaurant.

The Grand Stairway in the MDR looks nice, but in reality, it's a big waste of space. Servers have their own stairwells (on some ships, escalators) they use. And there are stairs and elevators right outside the MDR. Although the big staircase looks nice, it is really unnecessary.

I am confident that it won't be added to Allure. That's not a minor change, it's a HUGE one, that would affect the engineering of the ship itself.

Will the Rising Tide Bar onboard Allure of the Seas be round and slowly rotate as it rises and falls? I only said the stairway in the main dining room because I was disappointed to see it missing on Oasis of the Seas and it just seems odd that a large dining room like that wouldn't have a grand stairway. Also why in the world is Portofino's not there? Just does not make any sense. I've eaten there many times and have always enjoyed it and I look forward to it when I get onboard. Hopefully Allure of the Seas features this restaurant.

I don't think the Rising Tide Bar will change much. If you look at one of the latest pictures of Allure, it shows the bar being constructed:

http://www.oasisoftheseas.com/image-gallery.php (pic #3 under Allure of the Seas)

The couple of changes you mentioned, the stairway and Portofinos, is exactly what is needed. Let's not forget that plug in issue with the hairdryers. :)

I liked Giovannis better than Portifino's, it was more like an Italy/ Little italy type, not an Americanized version.

Like I said before I think Giovanni's will change since I think the concept is attached to the chef. In the same way I'm not sure Allure will have 150 Central Park since I don't think they can have the same level of quality on both ships and still claim both are the best food at sea. They also can't both have that young chef that they are always hyping. Sea Food Shack has also sounded like an item that will change. Maybe they should introduce a cover charge seafood buffet. That is an easy concept to run that could help some of the complaints. I'm not sure of any other restaurant that would change, maybe get rid of the cupcake cupboard. It was always empty on our sailing and the employees were constantly bored, couldn't be making much money unless they really are that over priced.

With the MDR stairs I understand them not being there as no one uses them unless there like me and go in to take pictures and video of each floor. There is no other reason for a passenger to have to change floors in the MDR.

Like I said before I think Giovanni's will change since I think the concept is attached to the chef. In the same way I'm not sure Allure will have 150 Central Park since I don't think they can have the same level of quality on both ships and still claim both are the best food at sea. They also can't both have that young chef that they are always hyping. Sea Food Shack has also sounded like an item that will change. Maybe they should introduce a cover charge seafood buffet. That is an easy concept to run that could help some of the complaints. I'm not sure of any other restaurant that would change, maybe get rid of the cupcake cupboard. It was always empty on our sailing and the employees were constantly bored, couldn't be making much money unless they really are that over priced.

With the MDR stairs I understand them not being there as no one uses them unless there like me and go in to take pictures and video of each floor. There is no other reason for a passenger to have to change floors in the MDR.

The Seafood Shack was a real pleasant surprise, the quality of the Butterfish dish was amazing as was the coconut shrimp and sweet potato fries, a real draw for me as I do not eat white potatoes.. I did not mind the charge because of all the food.

Archived