HeLp! Packing Suggestions Needed! Cruising with a 7 month old

bdavis12123

Have you cruised with a 7 month old? Please post your suggestions on what I should bring! I’m a first time parent but have been on 7 cruises (before baby).

We’ll be on the Elation – 4 day – Cozumel Mexico – June 10th

I requested a crib for our room and a high chair for the dining room. Any tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated! Ideas for bottles, baby food, strollers, taxi’s, great places for baby to take naps, or anything you can think of.

Ex: small blow up pool for baths at night and to play in during the day (use pool showers to fill up pool)

While I never cruised with a 7 month old, I did take one on a beach vacation and it was fine. I wouldn't have been able to deal with him on a cruise, but I have a VERY high-maintenance child. He was still napping in his swing at that point, and I rented one. As for packing, just start making a list and add to it. I'd take dish detergent, a pan and a bottle brush to clean the bottles and spoons. Of course you need to figure out how many diapers, wipes, etc. Don't forget sunblock and any medications your baby uses! Good luck - you're a braver parent than I am!

Have you cruised with a 7 month old? Please post your suggestions on what I should bring! I’m a first time parent but have been on 7 cruises (before baby).

We’ll be on the Elation – 4 day – Cozumel Mexico – June 10th

I requested a crib for our room and a high chair for the dining room. Any tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated! Ideas for bottles, baby food, strollers, taxi’s, great places for baby to take naps, or anything you can think of.

Ex: small blow up pool for baths at night and to play in during the day (use pool showers to fill up pool)

Lot's of drink tickets for those going on the cruise with you! :D Oh wait a minute I am going on the Elation - 4 day - Cozumel Mexico - June 10th cruise!:eek:

I cruised with a 6 month old and then a little more than a year and a half later, his 1 year old baby sister. With him I brought his full size stroller so I could recline the seat and he could nap. With her I brought an umbrella stroller (far easier to navigate in the halls to the room) and I wore her everywhere. Wearing her in my ergo was so easy. She would sleep on my chest and everything. If you are a baby wearer, then I would do that during the day and a stroller in the evening while you are dressed a little more nicely.

Babies are messy little creatures. I would bring double to triple the clothes that you would take for yourself. I was BF with formula too. Instead of bringing the huge tins of formula, I scooped 4-6 oz of powder in the baggies for breast milk. So much easier than those cans. Bring plenty of diapers because they are expensive in port.

The MDR will make special purees for baby. Email special needs dept. and they will see to it that he has a meal that first night. The dietician on board just oooed and awed over our little one. She made sure he had 2 purees every night of fresh fruits and veggies. She was awesome... as was the chef who prepared it LOL

They are so easy to travel with at that age, you just need lots of gear. When they become more mobile, they are no longer a joy to take everywhere. 6 month olds are totally portable LOL

I took my daughter on a 7 day cruise when she was 9 months old, and I also had my 3 year old son. It really wasn't bad. This would be my suggested packing list:

-plenty of diapers and wipes

-hand sanitizer

-changing mat (it's not always convienient to go back to your room for changing times)

-stroller (which often doubled as a high chair)

-LOTS of bottled water as I didn't trust the water on board or in Mexico, (but we are a lil neurotic and often used bottled water at home)

-favorite toys

-small bottle of dish detergent and bottle brush

-LOTS of clothes, if you don't want to do laundry while on vacation

-laundry detergent if you don't mind doing laundry on board

-if she listens to a certain CD to go to sleep, don't forget those with a CD player

-baby sun screen

My "baby" is now 4 so I may have forgotten a few things. Mostly just remember if you need it at home, you will need it on vacation (with the exception of major things like swings and high chairs and pack-n-plays). most importantly, relax and HAVE FUN!!!!

Ah Kap Jack - I hope our room is next to you! Just kidding.

My entire family is going with us (mom, dad, 2 sisters, brother and 5 nieces/nephews - ages 9, 8, 7).

Watch out!

bdavis12123, I would make sure your brother has a Miami Vice in his hand as soon as you get to the Lido Deck!:D We have a crew going as well. We will be on the Empress Deck. Most of us are in the fore section with a couple in the aft. I am sure you all will have a great time on your family vacation!

bdavis12123, I would make sure your brother has a Miami Vice in his hand as soon as you get to the Lido Deck!:D We have a crew going as well. We will be on the Empress Deck. Most of us are in the fore section with a couple in the aft. I am sure you all will have a great time on your family vacation!

No Doubt - that is the best feeling... finally making it onboard, unloading all of your stuff in your cabin and heading to the Lido Deck to enjoy the sun, calypso drums and a mixed drink! mmm I can taste it now!

105 days and counting!

I wouldn't count on their making purees for baby, I cruised on the Valor with my 6mo last year and they wouldn't do it for us.

Did you ask special needs? They are very accommodating. They came up to me on the ship and asked me what he eats so they could feed him. I had no idea they even did it until they approached me and told me about it.

No Doubt - that is the best feeling... finally making it onboard, unloading all of your stuff in your cabin and heading to the Lido Deck to enjoy the sun, calypso drums and a mixed drink! mmm I can taste it now!

105 days and counting!

On my last family cruise one of my brother-in-laws had tonsillitis, my other brother-in-law was the first off the ship because of appendicitis, and I have an awful cold. Hopefully this one will go smoother!

You can use the camps from noon til 2 (you have to stay with your baby) but there is stuff they can climb on and play with and mingle with other kids under 2 years old.

Showers have the hand held shower head-- so really no need for a bathtub.

Archived