If you dont ask you dont get my rejection letter !!

littlearthur

Sue, I don't think they have invited the workforce who have been working on the ship since october and still are (build team). It would have nice to say thanks for all your hard work. This goes in any job. Thats P & O for you. Which is demoralising don't you think. But the office staff get invites freely.

Hi Jane

I agree the main work-force' of Azura will not all be onboard, only 1,200 invites ... probably the heads of each build department. I had 2 Travel agents in my shop a few days ago and they were going, i mentioned the black,white and gold evening and they weren't even aware of it... some of them , especially the young ones are only going for the knees up!

When I was on the pre-maiden for Equinox, I was taking photos all over the ship and making a effort to see as much as i could to report back (i have photos of this ship if anyone wants to see them - Equinox is the same Solstice class as the new Eclipse which sails from Southampton this year), these young TA's were just crowded around the free bar or sitting around on sun loungers... But I suppose the Azura 'events team' have done their best to get a broad spectrum of guests for this event.....they can't invite everyone, and as mentioned a lot of goldies have been invited already for lunch and a ship visit.

• 2 weeks later...

Have a wonderful time. I do agree that a naming ceremony has to be extra special. You will look back in years to come to say 'I was there' particularly if you sail on her again.

We always fondly remember our first cruise on Oriana, Maiden season, not maiden voyage, but happy memories. When we were on her again last year (after a long spell of not cruising) it was great to come back and know we were there in the maiden season.

Look forward to seeing your photos. :)

Archived