How full is my ship?

Audi

I am about ready to book a cruise to the Mexican Riviera. I am looking at the HH guarantee cabins (which have obstructed view) in the hope of an upgrade to an unobstructed view. We usually book an inside cabin but in this case the HH cabins are the same price so any amount of daylight would be nice. Since we are retired, our sail dates can be flexible. Is there any way that I can find out how full a ship is at this time? I would think that the less full it is the better possibility to be upgraded to an unobstructed view cabin.

I am so happy to be going on a cruise that whatever obstruction we get will be okay but I thought that it never hurts to check these things.

Guarantee cabin assignments depend on what specific cabins are available at that category and above and how many higher category guarantees there are. If a ship isn't full, prices will be reduced or some passengers will be offered paid upgrades. Ships usually sail full. You can't tell how full a ship is by looking at how many categories are available or closed. Looking at cabins available on a TA website also won't give you that information.

Since you are flexible on dates and willing to do a guarantee, look for the cruise with the highest guarantee category you can get for a price acceptable to you. Also look at all the cabins that category or higher to make sure they'd all be ok for you.

Jemima: If you're right that, "You can't tell how full a ship is by looking at how many categories are available or closed. Looking at cabins available on a TA website also won't give you that information," I've wasted an awful lot of time the last year or so. Would you be willing to give us a reason or two that availability is not informative as to whether a ship is nearly full or not.

Archived